forum

How to de-rust?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Qutilt
I haven't been playing CtB as much throughout the past few weeks since... well, I think I have stumbled upon a hard plateau (a.k.a. how to consistently FC 4* and read AR9+). Now, I only find myself steadily getting worse after every play.

Other than to simply play more, are there other ways to somehow get back to my previous skill level?
I CAN FC
something indescribable

it make some changes to you
but you have not skilled
XxduckpigxX
Try to not compare yourself to your past skill level. You still have the muscle memory, you just need to reawaken it.
[Eun]
I would push against the limit of what I can do to derust. To be more precise if I can't play let's say 5 star maps as consistently as I did before I just practise more 5 star maps and 6 star+ maps till I regain the muscle memory and stuff. Hopefully it could work for you.
LyronXXX
It is super frustrating thinking that you are loosing skill or lost a lot of your progress especially because this is not really true (the muscle-memory still exists) :

The hardest part might be to get past this mindset. Try thinking about the very beginning of your ctb journey - a typical player should be proud here to fc 2* maps and find it near impossible to read AR8+. Thinking further about how long it took you to reach certain personal milestones like the first passed 3*, 4* map or the first catched hyperdash and this should make you realize that it is not all gone at all. The best thing is that once you've learned something like ever, you'll relearn it much much faster this time, too.

Consider playing a bit differently than before until you regain your abilities.

Like try playing a new mode like HD or DT so you are guaranteed to make progress there since you are starting at 0 in this category. Like thinking about no matter how bad you are there, it is still a new pb. (or, if you run out of modes, create own challenges like catching most bananas, only using the left half of your plate, catching every fruit in the very center, no-dashing low diffs,...). Or play different maps. Play lower or higher diffs. (I usually play easy but loooong maps first, this gets me bored so I am hyped to play super hard maps afterwards). Also, it is a GREAT opportunity to play multiplayer. This is all so that you have no chance to compare yourself to your previous best form.

The short answer is that you'll eventually get past this and it probably happens faster than you think it will.
4nn1hl14tor

XxduckpigxX wrote:

Try to not compare yourself to your past skill level. You still have the muscle memory, you just need to reawaken it.
guru of osu fr fr