forum

Is there a Custom Keypad I can buy?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Aniviuh
I've been gone for a bit from the game and I'm starting to get back into the groove and mapping again. I want to purchase a keypad (that has more than 2 keys, maybe like a number pad or something) I'm willing to pay a decent price for one but I REALLY want Gateron Clear swithces. I purchased a red dragon keyboard with Gateron Reds that replaced my old Corsair strafe RGB but that keyboard unfortunenly got destroyed over years of use. But after playing on the red dragon keyboard on OSU I hit most notes consistantly late, and have a hard time hitting jumps or snapping off circles. And then I relized that my old 2 keypad (gateron clear) is much faster. (The red have a very low actuation point compared to the clear, I have to nearly bottom out the key.)

Any leads? I can't find much and I've been looking for a while. Anything helps!
goturds
There are a few options I can think of.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/thnikk

It sounds like you have already bought one but there is a 4 key option.

The only other thing I can think of is to build your own keypad with gateron clears. This option may or may not cost more than just buying a full keyboard with clears, depending on the quality of parts. I am not very well-versed in keyboard building so I can't give you any links for this.

If you decide to give up on finding gateron clears, I would recommend trying silvers to see if you like them if you haven't already. Getting used to them takes some time, and switching back also takes some time, but I thought it was worth the extra speed and stamina. Some people disagree but I'm not switching keyboards anytime soon. Just beware, they're kind of terrible for typing, but it's not impossible to get used to.

hope i could help at all