forum

Highest online user in Osu! ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Pemlory
is there was a time when Osu! reach near or over 100k user online back in the old time osu! era? is the server crashed due to the amount of the user reach the highest number on record were happen?
Flanster
100k doubt, usually its stable around 17k-25k depending on the time. If I had to guess maybe 30k max?
q9za
That's pretty crazy.
abraker
osu pretty much reached its max growth rate sometime before 2016. It has stagnated since.
q9za
If only osu! was advertised like raid shadow legends. Imagine the growth.
Topic Starter
Pemlory
no! anything but raid shadow legend, we all know how it end up with that bland game now
Lights
not enough microtransactions in osu! to fund that ad campaign
abraker
in 2015 PewdiePie featured osu! and that made the worse part of the community to commence their autistic screeching. Pewds prob got paid by ppy because players over the years were suggesting osu is a niche and would benefit from that exposure. I suspect that only because ppy changed the site to feature pewds popping out on left side of forums. The whole thing was cringe and left and bad impression of osu!'s community.

I don't believe ads are going to bring more people in
Topic Starter
Pemlory
i don't think felix being paid up by ppy, back in that year he decide to play some weird games and other stuff although that year also one of the bland year for youtube, not much interesting during the time. there is nothing wrong other people or content creator introduce this game, it'll bring up new player even if most of them don't really know how intense the people in this game are. i remember i know this game because Alex Pain's Osu! game play, and i used to think this game was not free but then when Pewds decide to make the video about this game and said it was free and said this game have really interesting community which is he not wrong. i decide to play this game, ironicly i play this game because two of this content creator , Alex made me interest in this game and pewds make me convince and play this game in the end.

even when tyler make his stream play this game it doesn't change that much worse but people recognise this game more and more. although it was sad some player take tyler's word too serious without realise it was a joke. that's just his persona after all.
DeletedUser_6709840

abraker wrote:

in 2015 PewdiePie featured osu! and that made the worse part of the community to commence their autistic screeching. Pewds prob got paid by ppy because players over the years were suggesting osu is a niche and would benefit from that exposure. I suspect that only because ppy changed the site to feature pewds popping out on left side of forums. The whole thing was cringe and left and bad impression of osu!'s community.

I don't believe ads are going to bring more people in
Highly doubt Pewdiepie was paid by ppy since YouTubers often just find games on the internet to play and hope they get views. Or, he heard about the game through some grapevine. The whole thing with having pewds pic on the forums screen was cringe but it did bring some exposure to the game.

However, on the original topic, the highest I've seen is 20,000 players online.