forum

[Archived] Unbearable input(?) delay

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
YukiMurakumo
Problem details: I've used an input delay test, tried setting my offset, and all sorts of other stuff (including reinstalling my audio and keyboard drivers as well as osu! four separate times), and there's still a visible and audible difference in the music and the note timing. When I hit the note correctly, it plays the hitsound in line with the music, but that requires me to hit it 1/8 of a second (125ms) early.

Changing the offset breaks the game even further and causes the hitsounds to be out of line with the music.

I haven't found anything on the internet relating to this that actually had a solution, and didn't feel like necroing a several years-old post, so here we are.

Not a single other game of the 10+ I've played since this started, has had any kind of input delay outside of the natural delay of a USB keyboard. It only started with the 20200519 update but came out of nowhere and won't let up.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

125ms delay using Peppy's "keyboard latency test". Note that the keyboard has near-zero latency in any other rhythm game or otherwise, and when I turn the music off and follow the beat visually, it works just fine.

This is what happens when I stop the editor on the beat of the music. It's anywhere between 1/8 and 1/4 note off, usually floating closer to 1/4 late. This happens with every single song, and changing global offset, as previously stated, makes the game completely unplayable.

osu! version: Stable 20200519.1