forum

can blue switches help me get better at osu

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Carinaa
I have a membrane keyboard which sucks QwQ. I just wanna know if there's any slight difference between blue and red switches if I just wanna get better at osu.
Skagen
if you like the tactile feedback on the blue switches, then go for it. But personally i would use red or silver switches.
Byonick
i kinda prefer red switches for mechanical or gateron clear switches if you like the linear one that really light for only 35g of force.
dylansantosh
Ultimately the type of keyswitch you use is not gonna make you a better player, It might make it easier to become a better player if you put in the time though.

One of osu's top players plays with laptop keyboard and mouse on a pillow, it's all about pure determination.

But I've had Cherry switches in the past, I think they break too easily, But my preference was reds for sure because it had no tactical bump for the actuation, I bottomed out every keystroke anyway. Also my family appreciated the switch from blues to reds because reds arent as loud.
[LS]PositoniX
i use blue switches and hate them. i like the noisy tactile feedback but they're heavy and kinda hard to push down when you have to mash them. i recommend reds or silver speeds if you have the budget
AmyRunes
Not really tho... im also using blue switches but if you like the click sounds of it (and i like it) then go for it ^^
cbcc
my birthday is on the 12th and my mechanical keybaord is here but im not allowed to use it yet, but i got cheryy mx reds and its gonna be fun
xTroMenia
MX blues can give more control since it's harder to missclick. That also means that it's harder to tap faster, if you want a similar feeling you might want to invest into some mx browns. They won't sound as nice but you will still feel some sort of feedback when your keys are activating. I've used reds,browns and mx speed silvers and they are all nice choices for osu!
Simon12

samtheBB wrote:

I have a membrane keyboard which sucks QwQ. I just wanna know if there's any slight difference between blue and red switches if I just wanna get better at osu.
for the love of god just don't get silvers

anything else is fine
Aken0x
I just want to say that, vaxei, aetrna (who can stream 330 bpm), alumetri(top 7), lifeline (top 8) and probably whitecat #1 (bc of the sound of his Keyboard) are using blue switches. So blue are a good choice. If you dont want blues buy gatheron red.

But remember, FgSky who got the top pp play and is top 13 is playing on a laptop keyboard with 50 fps. He plays with a mouse, and his mouse pad is a pillow. The setup dont make the player. You can become a good player with any type of keyboard