forum

is it valid for an admin to ban you for ranting about your own issues?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Vincent1370
I got banned from two osu mapping servers (one of them being the official mentorship server) for telling people about my own personal issues (And my father induced anxiety/anger management issues)

Was there ever a rule about anti venting where if you rant about something you get banned instantly?
Lights
Theres a time and place for everything and clearly that was not the correct time and place to be talking about those sorts of things. If you're going to vent, vent to people who care about you. Not a bunch of people in a mapping server.

Also, inb4 this is moved to OT
Topic Starter
Vincent1370

Lights wrote:

Theres a time and place for everything and clearly that was not the correct time and place to be talking about those sorts of things. If you're going to vent, vent to people who care about you. Not a bunch of people in a mapping server.

Apparently I forgot the most basic of rules. Find someone who cares about me.
Wait, there exists someone who actually gives a shit about me? Is this some kind of witchcraft?
Lights

Vincent1370 wrote:

Lights wrote:

Apparently I forgot the most basic of rules. Find someone who cares about me.
Wait, there exists someone who actually gives a shit about me? Is this some kind of witchcraft?
You need to make a personal connection with people before they're going to be willing to act as your support group. Thats what friends and family are for. And blowing up a discord chat with your personal problems or making threads like this isn't going to make you friends. Kind and thoughtful interaction makes you friends. Your attention is best placed elsewhere if you're looking for support on traumatic events in your life.
Topic Starter
Vincent1370
Too bad, no one wants to listen to me about anything regarding personal struggles.

I guess I should repress all the anger and shut up. (Or find a dedicated mental help server)
haku_osu
You may want to look at this website (or communities that relate to it, e.g. Their discord channel): https://www.healthygamer.gg/
Skagen
It depends on where you are venting, and how you are venting.

If i went to a discord server and made a long post about my mental health issues without any warning or context, then i would probably get banned as well.
But if i were more subtle about my approach, then mby someone will DM me personaly to talk about it.

It's all about how and where you are venting