forum

[Discussion] Mapping commission

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Zelzatter Zero
I don't know if it's been discussed elsewhere, but if it's not then here we are.

As we all know, mapping commission is now considered a forbidden act in the mapping scene, but throughout all of them I noticed that all the reasons towards are mostly based on our common sense which make them inconsistent, while when we consider more carefully, mapping commission isn't conflict any law in some aspects.

So I'm opening this discussion, to settle down all valid reasons within this rule:

Mapping commission must not be allowed.

And I would like to see this rule in RC in the future with fair points being made, for the justice of the mapping scene.
Chiru-kun
the desire for such a rule is valid, that we don't want the community to be run by money and generic pp maps. sure, agreeable and valuable.

however, even if we impose such a rule, i think it's gonna be really easy to hide commission deals. how can the system actually properly detect commission deals even if in-game? what keywords? what keywords for the keywords would players start using? also, we have so many private communication mediums outside the game.

imo, imposing such a rule and letting the masses, especially the ignorant about the fact, know about the situation is worse. it's like what happened back when the Ranking Criteria said "no abuse of perfectly overlapping sliderbodies," and suddenly everyone started abusing it.
we're just gonna have to keep low in my opinion.
clayton
when this topic was last in the spotlight the osu!team made a verdict community/forums/topics/840838

TL;DR commissions are allowed, but must be done in a tasteful and respectful manner, and BN/QAT/GMT are forbidden from doing commissions at all.
pishifat
previous posts explained why this isnt viable for the rc