forum

[web] Topic date [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
theowest

add the same time stamp we've seen on posts but to the opening post. Right under the author username. This will not hurt the page numbers or make anything wider. It will just be like the one on the right, the last reply time stamp.

I'm a bit paranoid it won't be possible with phpbb

If the topic has 0 replies, you will see both last posts. Or maybe remove the right one for these types of topics, since they are not counted as a reply on the reply counter.

Great for forums where you want to know the age of a topic without having to go inside of every single one of them. Feature requests, Technical support, Introductions, Announcements and all Beatmap forums.

It will also make it easier to see duplicates, which one of these are older/newer? All we know now is the last reply date.
PROGUY
Okay, but wouldn't that make it look too wide?
I'm fine with how it is currently.
Topic Starter
theowest

PROGUY wrote:

read it again, Right under the author username.
Kuro

theowest wrote:

PROGUY wrote:

I think he meant wider vertically... but i could be wrong...

And as for this feature request, do you mean to put the time stamp for when the topic was created?
deadbeat
yeah. he does. also if it does get added, what about the page numbers. would they get moved to the right to make way for the time stamp?
jemhuntr

deadbeat wrote:

yeah. he does. also if it does get added, what about the page numbers. would they get moved to the right to make way for the time stamp?
???

theowest wrote:

Right under the author username.
page numbers are right under the thread title.
deadbeat
but under author name doesn't make as much sense to me. makes more sense having under the topic :/
Topic Starter
theowest

PROGUY wrote:

usernames are usually wider than that. It doesn't add any length. It's just underneath like how the current last reply "3 days ago" etc have always been like.

Kuro wrote:

theowest wrote:

I think he meant wider vertically... but i could be wrong...

And as for this feature request, do you mean to put the time stamp for when the topic was created?
How is this not obvious for you? Yes. The author post. When he made the topic/his opening post.

deadbeat wrote:

Page numbers? There are no page number where this should be implemented. I'm talking about having it under the author name. Not under the title name.

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

???

theowest wrote:

Right under the author username.
page numbers are right under the thread title.
I don't understand what that has to do with anything.
bwross

deadbeat wrote:

but under author name doesn't make as much sense to me. makes more sense having under the topic :/
It is currently "under" the topic. Where "under" is defined as, in the tool tip if you hover over the topic.
Topic Starter
theowest
how did I not know about that. thank you for finally explaining what they were talking about