forum

my C drive is full!! please help!!! >< [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Radobot
Here's what I (I'm not an expert and I might be wrong, but I know something about computers) think of your programs:

These look as useless applications. If you don't use any of these, then uninstall them:
- 1ClickDownloader
- Babylon toolbar on IE
- BabylonObjectInstaller
- GoToMeeting 5.1.0.880
- ImTOO FLV to 3GP Converter 6
- Moyea Video Converter version 2.5.1.1757
- ShopperReports
- Yontoo 1.10.02
- Funmods Video Search

These I think you don't need these (hacking and programming tools):
- C-Free 4 Standard
- Cheat Engine 5.6.1
- Cheat Engine 6.1

Internet says about these that they're a virus/adware:
- ClickPotato
- DownVision
- QuestScan 1.0 build 193

Also, you don't need more than 1 antivirus:
- BitDefender Total Security 2009
- AVG 2012
- McAfee Security Scan Plus
- Norton Security Scan
(I perfer AVG.)

Same with media players:
- VideoLAN VLC media player 0.8.5
- Winamp
- Winamp DetectorPlug-in
- RealPlayer
- MpcStar 4.1
(I perfer VLC because it can play almost anything.)

And same with webbrowsers:
- CometBird (3.5.3)
- Mozilla Firefox 11.0 (x86 en-US)
- Google Chrome
TheVileOne
I believe the BitDefender is the paid version. I don't think you should remove a paid anti virus for a free one. Also you might want to keep moyea if you make beatmaps/edit video. Babylong toolbar is considered a BHO (browser helper object) and it probably installed along with something else you downloaded at some point. It's not needed and possibly unwanted too as it tends to hijack your homepage when it installs.

YonToo and shopperreport are probably your mom's programs. I wouldn't touch them. They are related to free coupon sites if your mom downloads coupons online. BTW your firefox is severely outdated. they are on version 17/18 not 11
Full Tablet
Nowadays it not common for programs to take a significant part of your HDD. You will free space much faster deleting anime chapters you have already seen, or things similar to them.
ApolloFortyNine
Whenever my hard drive gets full like this, rather than wastefully deleting all the data on it, I open my computer and take out the hard drive, and then I take one of those heavy duty magnets and do circular motions around the bottom of the drive for about 2 minutes. DO NOT DO THIS TO THE SIDE WITH THE CIRCUIT BOARD, do it to the flat side. This helps realign the bits on the drive, allowing you to increase your storage by about 20%, all without deleting anything currently on the drive.

But I don't wanna get banned from OSU forums.

What you should do is download a program called CCleaner (google it) and run it, it deletes temporary files and cookies that windows has built over time, and typically saves me 2-4GB. Also, an external hard drive only runs like $90 for 2TB, its worth buying.
VoidnOwO
:oops:
ApolloFortyNine

BRBP wrote:

Nearly two days has passed since this topic was created, and nobody has told him to run del c:\windows\system32?
This has gotta be some kind of record.

Ignore this post and don't run it.
But its the cancer that is killing your PC!
Saten
Don't go offtopic please.

Also, this hasn't really anything to do with osu
You simply lack space

I wouldn't go to a game forum asking what to delete and so.

C:\ is not a good place for you to store all your games in.
Mainly because the system lies there

I have 3 drives
System
Games & etc
osu!
theowest
It doesn't look like any of your programs take up any significant amount of space.

Could you take a screenshot of your HDDs?
Topic Starter
animeloverotaku017
jemhuntr
how about this
I really have no idea what this thing I found in changelog means.
Full Tablet

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

how about this
I really have no idea what this thing I found in changelog means.

peppy wrote:

I have added the experimental ability to store songs in a non-standard song folder (add a BeatmapDirectory key in your config file containing the absolute path). No support will be given for users attempting this. Keep in mind it will cause a full process when switching paths.
jemhuntr
great. i shall try this. :)
Edit: OH YEAH IT WORKS. :3
Topic Starter
animeloverotaku017

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

wtf did you not delete the osu! folder in your desktop? take note that desktop files are stored in your C:\ drive.
should i delete it??

deadbeat wrote:

why not just delete maps your not playing. download without videos.
but a bigger hard drive all ways help :3
i'm playing all of them

TheVileOne wrote:

You don't need the Security scan programs. Norton and McAfee. If you don't use RealPlayer you can get rid of that.

You can also use something like http://www.glarysoft.com/glary-utilities/ and it will allow you to analyze your disk space usage. You can select your osu folder, and sort it by largest beatmaps. It will allow you to easily find the songs with video. Hope this helps.
thanks, i'll try that

Radobot wrote:

Here's what I (I'm not an expert and I might be wrong, but I know something about computers) think of your programs:

These look as useless applications. If you don't use any of these, then uninstall them:
- 1ClickDownloader
- Babylon toolbar on IE
- BabylonObjectInstaller
- GoToMeeting 5.1.0.880
- ImTOO FLV to 3GP Converter 6
- Moyea Video Converter version 2.5.1.1757
- ShopperReports
- Yontoo 1.10.02
- Funmods Video Search

These I think you don't need these (hacking and programming tools):
- C-Free 4 Standard
- Cheat Engine 5.6.1
- Cheat Engine 6.1

Internet says about these that they're a virus/adware:
- ClickPotato
- DownVision
- QuestScan 1.0 build 193

Also, you don't need more than 1 antivirus:
- BitDefender Total Security 2009
- AVG 2012
- McAfee Security Scan Plus
- Norton Security Scan
(I perfer AVG.)

Same with media players:
- VideoLAN VLC media player 0.8.5
- Winamp
- Winamp DetectorPlug-in
- RealPlayer
- MpcStar 4.1
(I perfer VLC because it can play almost anything.)

And same with webbrowsers:
- CometBird (3.5.3)
- Mozilla Firefox 11.0 (x86 en-US)
- Google Chrome
oh ok thanks!

Full Tablet wrote:

Nowadays it not common for programs to take a significant part of your HDD. You will free space much faster deleting anime chapters you have already seen, or things similar to them.
umm......i don't download it, i just read it online

theowest wrote:

It doesn't look like any of your programs take up any significant amount of space.

Could you take a screenshot of your HDDs?
umm......you want me to take a screenshot similar to that??
deadbeat
58GB hard drive D: well there's your problem. most people have 500GB -> 1TB hard drives. at least everyone i know does
Saten
Oh god
That is pretty small indeed

My laptop even got way more space than that lol
And my phone has about 50GB space
Topic Starter
animeloverotaku017
O_O only decreased a little.........

i can't uninstall ClickPotato!!
Topic Starter
animeloverotaku017

Saten wrote:

Oh god
That is pretty small indeed

My laptop even got way more space than that lol
And my phone has about 50GB space
well i dunno why is it like that, the PC i'm using right now was my bro's i guess you can call it hand-me-down?
deadbeat
he didn't get it 10 years ago did he o.O
i highly suggest either getting a bigger hard drive or a new pc. 50GB is tiny by today's standard. your gonna struggle to get anything new on that thing.
Saten

animeloverotaku017 wrote:

well i dunno why is it like that, the PC i'm using right now was my bro's i guess you can call it hand-me-down?
You mean second-hand?

A new PC would be better imo. The today's standard are pretty high anyway
But the cheepest solution would be to get a bigger harddrive.
TheVileOne
9.66 GBs is plenty of space. My harddrive is smaller than the OPs and I am hovering around 200MBs freespace, because 80% of my harddrive is osu songs. 200 is just enough to keep my computer from freezing due to lack of space.
Anzo
Good thing you have at ~150GB disk capacity... I have only 110GB~~ ;w;

If you're still having problems with disk space, follow their advice.. :3
Full Tablet
It would be easier to just buy a new HDD. Check if your PC has available SATA connections and ,they normally look like this.
Also check if you have available connectors from your PSU. They are the 4-pin plugs in this image.

If you have the connections, getting a 500GB 7200rpm HDD shouldn't cost more than $70.

If you lack one of those (if you only have PATA connections instead of SATA, you can try a SATA to PATA adapter, but they normally cause issues when you have more than 1 HDD), it would be easier to just get a new PC.
jemhuntr
lol people talking about disk capacity xD
i had my 500 gb partitioned into exact halves. One for programs (mostly osu songs and a lot of rpgs and games) and one for files (mostly anime and music).

I filled up more than half my c drive with osu songs so I relocated those to d. Yeah. BeatmapDirectory works perfectly fine. But now my d drive is around 70% full. :(

btw if you're still having problems, just pm me in-game or in fb
Topic Starter
animeloverotaku017

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

btw if you're still having problems, just pm me in-game or in fb
I think you're the cause why I had to post this in forums, you ditched me while I'm still asking about my problem. Even if I pmed you in fb i don't know when will you be online.....
Topic Starter
animeloverotaku017
Anyway thanks for the help everyone! :D
deadbeat
problem identified. solutions given. outside help offered. I'm going to mark as resolved unless someone has any objections to this?
jemhuntr

animeloverotaku017 wrote:

I think you're the cause why I had to post this in forums, you ditched me while I'm still asking about my problem. Even if I pmed you in fb i don't know when will you be online.....
lol sorry xD haha my mutha shouted at meh so I had to shut my pc down~

yes, resolved.