forum

my C drive is full!! please help!!! >< [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
animeloverotaku017
Uumm.....ok so here's my problem......my C drive is almost full and i don't know what files do i have to delete to have more space.
I have another drive.......can i copy my osu! there?? I mean if I copied it and erase the osu! in my C drive, I will not lose anything??
I'm so inexperienced with these things because all i do with my PC is read manga, watch anime, facebook,..........

Oh and one more thing.......when I delete files that I know that I don't need it anymore.....
hmmm......lets say that if you delete files in your C drive your space will increase??? but when I'm deleting files the space is not increasing at all!!! ><"
TheVileOne
Clean your disk/unnecessary programs. If you don't have any unranked maps you want to keep, you can select Delete all unranked maps in options.

If you're deleting files and the space is not increasing, that means you processed more than your free disk space. You'll just need to free enough disk space until it goes down or restart your computer.
Topic Starter
animeloverotaku017

TheVileOne wrote:

Clean your disk/unnecessary programs.
how???
TheVileOne

or go to Control panel, Add/remove programs and remove things from there
blissfulyoshi
I needed to put my osu! songs in another drive for other reasons, so to do that I used http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshel ... llext.html
Install that and link the osu! song folder with the location of your songs in another drive.

Besides that, follow what TheVileOne said about cleaning up the hard drive.
Topic Starter
animeloverotaku017
hmmm....as i stated before i don't know which are the unnecessary programs, i'm afraid that if a uninstall the program something may go wrong in my PC
Saten
Uhh
Get a new harddrive?

I have one just for osu

And yes you can move it around
Copy the whole osu! folder, just make sure everything is copied. (test it before and verify)

Also, if you're going to move it, the shortcuts are going to be invalid due to changed directory.
VoidnOwO
:oops:
Topic Starter
animeloverotaku017

BRBP wrote:

Do you download anime, or watch it online? (I honestly don't know...)
If you download it, I'm guessing that's taking a lot of space. You might want to delete as much as you can.

Is that your own computer, or are you sharing it with someone? That someone might've downloaded stuff that filled your C: drive

ummm.....I only watch it online, my brother gets angry at me when I download because his game is lagging. And the other reason is because for me downloading takes so much time.

my PC was my bro's you can call it hand-me-down??? I'm the only one using the PC, oh! my mom also uses my PC but she's just playing solitaire ]
when i download something such as pictures(usual stuff that i download) i delete it in the folder and in the recycle bin
TheVileOne
If you want us to help, you'll need to provide a screenshot of your listed programs.
Saten
But seriously
You should try my suggestion

Copy it to D: E: or whatever tha path is that you have your other harddrive.
Just don't delete the original until you have confirmed that everything works like it should

You know you osu!folder is going to keep growing
Deleting stuff is only a temporarily solution. You seem to lack alot of space..
Topic Starter
animeloverotaku017
umm i already have a resolution for the lack of space
my problem now is even when i delete files the space isn't increasing

TheVileOne wrote:

If you want us to help, you'll need to provide a screenshot of your listed programs.
u'mm i know how to take screenshots but i don't know how to put it here
deadbeat
[img]image link [/img.]
just without that .
Topic Starter
animeloverotaku017
I didn't skip anything
jemhuntr
wtf did you not delete the osu! folder in your desktop? take note that desktop files are stored in your C:\ drive.
deadbeat
why not just delete maps your not playing. download without videos.
but a bigger hard drive all ways help :3
TheVileOne
You don't need the Security scan programs. Norton and McAfee. If you don't use RealPlayer you can get rid of that.

You can also use something like http://www.glarysoft.com/glary-utilities/ and it will allow you to analyze your disk space usage. You can select your osu folder, and sort it by largest beatmaps. It will allow you to easily find the songs with video. Hope this helps.
Radobot
Here's what I (I'm not an expert and I might be wrong, but I know something about computers) think of your programs:

These look as useless applications. If you don't use any of these, then uninstall them:
- 1ClickDownloader
- Babylon toolbar on IE
- BabylonObjectInstaller
- GoToMeeting 5.1.0.880
- ImTOO FLV to 3GP Converter 6
- Moyea Video Converter version 2.5.1.1757
- ShopperReports
- Yontoo 1.10.02
- Funmods Video Search

These I think you don't need these (hacking and programming tools):
- C-Free 4 Standard
- Cheat Engine 5.6.1
- Cheat Engine 6.1

Internet says about these that they're a virus/adware:
- ClickPotato
- DownVision
- QuestScan 1.0 build 193

Also, you don't need more than 1 antivirus:
- BitDefender Total Security 2009
- AVG 2012
- McAfee Security Scan Plus
- Norton Security Scan
(I perfer AVG.)

Same with media players:
- VideoLAN VLC media player 0.8.5
- Winamp
- Winamp DetectorPlug-in
- RealPlayer
- MpcStar 4.1
(I perfer VLC because it can play almost anything.)

And same with webbrowsers:
- CometBird (3.5.3)
- Mozilla Firefox 11.0 (x86 en-US)
- Google Chrome
TheVileOne
I believe the BitDefender is the paid version. I don't think you should remove a paid anti virus for a free one. Also you might want to keep moyea if you make beatmaps/edit video. Babylong toolbar is considered a BHO (browser helper object) and it probably installed along with something else you downloaded at some point. It's not needed and possibly unwanted too as it tends to hijack your homepage when it installs.

YonToo and shopperreport are probably your mom's programs. I wouldn't touch them. They are related to free coupon sites if your mom downloads coupons online. BTW your firefox is severely outdated. they are on version 17/18 not 11
Full Tablet
Nowadays it not common for programs to take a significant part of your HDD. You will free space much faster deleting anime chapters you have already seen, or things similar to them.
show more