forum

[added] Separate Mania Keycounts Ranks for the Health of Tournaments

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +9,843
Topic Starter
Sinaeb
Yes, this has been rejected, multiple times, already, but it is long past break point now. It is currently impossible to target a skill demography due to all keymodes being considered as one, and as such kills projects before they are even born due to the ranking system not having separated keymodes. (also a broken difficulty system but that's another thing that's already being worked on)
Just having the 4k and 7k keycounts separated, and everything else added together, would probably affect 95% of the mania demography as they are the most played. (though it would be cool to have it all)
As right now, if I want to participate in a 7k tournament for very low skilled 7k player, there would be no fair and easy way to limit the signups to include them all, but at the same time I can be the captain for the Canadian MWC 7k team just because I can.
Tokiiwa
I'm backing this
KamaCrimson
^^^^^^
myucchii
Plz
Silhoueska Elze
Please support this one!!!
ERA Sirbeyy
It's time for changes
Lazereed
I support this one, I just don't have stars
[GS]LeBean
We really need this
TingMomentum
Please we need this alot!
Piggy
this would be poggers
Fazinta
yes
-Rain
Add itttt
[GS]Foonul
please add ;;
[ro]Nosteal
if only i had more stars ><

but please this would be very nice
Fanahira
I agree! Let us stand against the aliens that use three extra fingers
Danielstigman
About bleeding time
I vote in favour of this
Percyqaz
Would likely work best as just a stat shown on profiles rather than fully making keymodes act like different game modes
Either way I support this
ASharpp
we need this badly. it gives light to the 4k gods in the mania community
sillypilly
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
Mocarena
plz
seag
The idea of #1 4k and #1 7k is pretty epic. Who do you think the #1 4k player is?
okthen
please 4k god players deserve more recognition
sillypilly
sillyfangirl or wonder?
BossPlays
I wish I could vote but I don't have support so, I agree with this
FoxTii
welp there go all my stars, for the cause!
[GS]Antunder
Jakads finally being dethroned
[GS]DaZeRo5
Yes pls, so I won't get bullied for being 4 digits anymore
almond
please :-)
Kamikaze
As much as I don't believe this will get inplemented in any way, shape or form before "lazer is out", I would love to see it
Proxae
sure
DeletedUser_10235296
This needs to happen. Even if the star rating was reworked to up the sr of dense 4k maps and nerf the innate boost higher keys get, it still wouldn't fix the fact that players who go beyond 4k just have more maps to farm. Please implement this
AlgocomB
This would be really good.
DeletedUser_6031847
This is very needed.
trans rights
look at all of the people here, please, and implement this. this would be such a big help for casual and competitive players alike
Lights
It cannot be understated how important this is...
Water is good
This would be pretty neat
ericcccc2
yes pls
Logan636
While the ranking system can never be perfect, this change alone would largely benefit in making rank restricted tournaments more popular, fair, and fun for players. In my opinion, this is something that is more wanted than even the implementation of the mirror mod was. As the person who ran the 4k 4 Digit MWC 2, I have seen both how amazing an experience rank restricted tournaments can be for newer players, but I have also seen how the current combined leaderboard system makes these tournaments very unfair to players who also play 7k, making them unable to play due to being highly ranked when they have less 4k skill than some of the players in the tournament. Even looking at this issue in an aspect that is not related to rank restricted tournaments, splitting leaderboards by keymode, or at the very least splitting the two most popular keymodes, 4k from 7k, would make leaderboards much more fair. Top players of 4k and 7k have taken their respective keymodes to insanely high levels and comparing skill levels across keymodes on a single leaderboard is like comparing apples to oranges at this point. While I do understand that at least some of this is due to the SR/pp system, splitting leaderboards would at least be an amazing start to making players appreciate both keymodes more seperately, possibly even inspiring many to pick up another keymode, growing osu!mania as a whole and benefitting both players and developers. With all this being said, I am fully behind this.
[Crz]Crystalize
i agree with this hope this get implemented
Antori
Get this done already please
Jole
yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes
Kasumi-sama
For the love of god, just implement this.
It's probably one of the best changes you could make to mania outside of pp/SR changes, while being something that doesn't take that much effort (in my opinion, correct me if I'm wrong), and should NOT wait for lazer to be out.
This is something that is very badly needed, due to the current state of osu!mania leaderboards.
AAmix-Torsion
Aguante el tuco
abraker
You know that feature request is not actively being looked at by devs, right? You will have better luck making the request here: https://github.com/ppy/osu-web/issues
SoFast
Absolutely needs to happen, we beg you man just do it.
MomonSama
yes
sillypilly
I imagine it like how country rank is, kinda. You have overall rank and then you have ranks for each keycount or just for 4k and 7k
[ Odin ]
y e s
_Seth
I pray to jah for this one
bojii
This would be really nice
show more