forum

Osu Catch The Beat grants prediction powers.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
JackDoggo
Have you ever had that moment when there are no notes on the screen so you try to position your catcher to where you think the next fruit will fall from. Then when the next fruit falls, it falls exactly above your catcher?

I feel like an idiot posting this lol but I notice this thing happening from time to time during my plays. Anyone else?
XxduckpigxX
Well generally, I've noticed that most maps have fruits that start dropping on the left side, so I usually position my catcher to the left when song starts. Yes I get this feeling alot and I thought it was just a me thing, turns out it isn't...
Hydreigon
This happens by chance, there are maps that after breaks the circle is the in the same x position as the last combo before the break...while others don't, for most players they just put their catchers in the middle during breaks so that if it comes either left or right it can be caught easily...while others would make their catcher dance during breaks :p
Nikolai
yes
haha i rolypoly
I just summon the devil to tell me where it is
mulraf
well i mean usually the maps make sense if they are not converts so you can guess the motion. sometimes this will bite you in the back though. (maps like 1 - 2 - 3 daletto's diff (great diff btw) or uncontrollable gigalomaniacs diff have this stop & go mechanic where you have to sometimes stop during a high-motion section)
generally i made it a habbit to move to the middle whenever there are no notes i see because you should be able to reach pretty much everywhere from the middle. i also sadly have to do this during bananas on maps i don't know. i do not like that i have to do this but some maps have this bad practise that they a) have notes directly after the spinner and b) don't have the notes centered IF they are after the spinner. so on maps like runaway for example if you are completely on the left during the first spinner wave you will not be able to catch the first note after the spinner. please don't do this if you are a mapper. leave us some space or if that really goes against the song then just put the first note after the spinners into the middle please. thank you.
pandaBear
I feel like I just randomly go where I think the next fruit will fall and it usually does. Of course this is a lot harder with Hardrock and if the mapper decides to not follow the usual flow from previous fruits. For example, sometimes you think it will fall to the right since the slider or spinner is moving to the right but it suddenly changes directions to the left and it can sometimes throw you off