Total Posts
show more
Lally
hi o3o

[Easy]
  • I was surprised to see such a perfect spasing D: waaah
  1. 00:21:543 - unsnapped green line
  2. 00:32:970 (2,1) - spacing
  3. 00:39:193 (1,2,3) - why here random 0.95 spancing?
  4. 00:54:748 (2,3) - keep your spacing costant
  5. 01:15:637 (2,1) - i think the slider (2) can be a better blanket
  6. 01:22:748 (3,1) - it's a little bit close
[Normal]
  2. 01:45:415 - what about to adding a spinner here?
[Insane]
<.< such a poor mod..hope it can help a bit T_T/
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
Kawaii~. Didn't change much but not sure if Vinyl is gonna change anything :3
Nymph
Hi~from queue.

[General]
nothing found:3

[VinylDash's Easy]
difficulty setting feel really kinda low. consider HP AR OD+1?
01:15:637 (2,1) - make the slider curve more so it look like this? others fine:3

[Normal]
01:47:193 (1) - I think only clap sound is enough finish sounds loud for me, but I guess this is my personal feeling :3

[wa's Hard]
01:04:081 (1) - lost hitsound here or just no hitsound on purpose? because the same rhythm before here you got that finish and clap here, so feel a bit sudden that no hitsound at this place :3
01:44:970 (3) - the sliderslide feel loud here, maybe try to silence it?

[Insane]
01:47:193 (1) - same as normal

nice :3~
Low
Hi hi hello
wa_

Nymph wrote:

[wa's Hard]
01:04:081 (1) - lost hitsound here or just no hitsound on purpose? because the same rhythm before here you got that finish and clap here, so feel a bit sudden that no hitsound at this place :3 added whistle
01:44:970 (3) - the sliderslide feel loud here, maybe try to silence it? now sounds better imo
TheVileOne
General
You have mlp but you don't have the full name of the show anywhere. actually My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic belongs in source.
There is a green line that is unsnapped in all difficulties at 21:543.

Vinyl's Easy
Very good flow, fits the song well, perfect spacing, long sliders are in the right places, great hitsounding.

00:14:304 (1,2) - Perfect blanket.
00:35:637 (1,2,1) - Nazi -Exactly 0.85.
01:07:637 (1,2) - Responding to the IRC we had earlier. This pattern isn't really bad. It's not worth remapping to fix it IMO. My fix would probably clutter things up and I don't recommend that. Try to avoid what I did in I Refuse and place notes too close together. Remapping this would probably create such an issue.
01:15:637 (2,1) - Do fix this though.
01:36:970 (1,2,1) - Perhaps design this so that it looks like a mirror of the transition after the slider.

Normal
There are some things I was unsure about, but they seem fine now that I'm rechecking. I hate mapping songs that require a lot of triples like this. You did a good job of handling all the triples in a flowing manner. I definitely could not have pulled this off as cleanly.

00:21:415 (1) - The ways this curves into a straight slider, the part that is pointed towards the straight slider should be somewhat flat. My suggestion is to rotate the slider so that it ends pointing more towards the next slider.
00:29:859 (4,5) - Not sure if there is anything that can be done about it but the curves aren't lined up. Probably would require a rotation to fix.
01:12:526 (4,5) - ^ (Looks even worse flipped)
01:17:415 (2,1) - This wasn't like this in first kiai. first kiai version looked better IMO.
01:30:748 (1,2,3) - I don't understand why this is rotated differently than the first version. I think the angles should be more similar.

Hard
Really technical map. I enjoyed it a lot.

00:21:415 (1,2) - Carries strange flow, but that part is fine. Perhaps there is a better placement though. It seems that 2 would be more fitting under 1 in some pattern. I wouldn't have used just straight sliders, but that is just my opinion.
00:49:859 (1,2,3,4) - Curve could be better.
00:51:637 (1,2,3) - This spacing difference is excessive. Smoothly increase the spacing. http://puu.sh/21cUx <smooth curve 1.0 > 1.1 > 1.3. IMO you shouldn't really go over 1.3. It doesn't really match the rest of the map in difficulty, because it's not really jump sounds being mapped.
01:03:193 (3,4) - I don't think this spacing change is necessary, but up to you if you want to change.
01:11:193 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,1) - I rather like how this is mapped.
01:21:859 (1,2,3) - Please use equal spacing.
01:23:637 (1,2) - Flow just feels odd here. Why do you map this part so differently than 01:21:859 (1,2,3) - . ? I prefer it if you kept the flow the same through here without gaps in the beat. It feels more right, and you can make a better pattern if you do.
01:29:859 (3,4,5) - Small spacing discrepancy.
01:33:193 (3,4,5) - ^

Insane
I probably missed a few things here.

00:08:970 (7) - This should be more like 8 IMO.
00:09:859 (9,1) - This being 0.96 is making me 100.
00:19:415 (4,5,6,7,8) - I don't think the song properly matches the pattern here. It plays alright but I don't think those vocals carry that back and forth pattern vibe, and 7 and 8 aren't parallel. that really bothers me. You definitely need to fix that. Notice that 8 is properly aligned in the pattern and 7 isn't?
00:21:193 - I think it's easier to pick up the next part with this gap filled. There's not much options to resolve this with your current pattern, but there are some, but ideally you should have a note here. Option 2 is to space this gap 1.00 which will remove the odd transition and make it easier to pick up the beat.
00:27:415 (5,6,7) - spacing is changing a bunch here? At least make sure 00:27:637 (6,7,1) - has equal spacing so that it doesn't look weird.
00:33:859 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - spacing could be more consistent.
00:39:193 (1,2) - Transition could look a lot better. http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/608790 <Try to accomplish something like that.
01:16:526 (5,6,7,8,9) - Spacing could be cleaned up. Very small though.
01:34:748 (7,8,9,10,1) - Clean up this spacing?

Conclusion

Very little wrong. I would say it's close to being bubble worthy.
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
Yay :3. ztrot said he wanted to do a diff for this, so hopefully that should be coming in soon~. Thanks so much for the detailed mod <3~

And yes, I kind of re-did insane a little bit, with ztrot's help. It should be cleaner now. Yay

I'll do the general fix by adding My Little Pony to the source once wa_ and Vinyl reply, so I can do it all at once.
wa_
New Insane looks really good! And difficult! :D Previous version was a little easier than Hard. Some suggestions from my side:

00:11:415 (3,4) - move it right/up to make better blanket/overlap
00:33:859 (1) - delete finish?
00:50:970 (6) - it looks a bit offscreen
01:05:415 (5) - move whole a little to the right and tail to the left? It should look better imo. (like this)
01:11:193 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - this pattern should have better distances between objects.
01:25:415 (1,2) - try this?
01:47:860 - replace finish with whistle? Sounds better imo.

SPOILER

TheVileOne wrote:

Hard
Really technical map. I enjoyed it a lot.

00:21:415 (1,2) - Carries strange flow, but that part is fine. Perhaps there is a better placement though. It seems that 2 would be more fitting under 1 in some pattern. I wouldn't have used just straight sliders, but that is just my opinion. Changed, I think now it'll be better
00:49:859 (1,2,3,4) - Curve could be better. Hmm, You mean curve sliders or curver pattern? However, I made new pattern, imo better than previous.
00:51:637 (1,2,3) - This spacing difference is excessive. Smoothly increase the spacing. http://puu.sh/21cUx <smooth curve 1.0 > 1.1 > 1.3. Changed. IMO you shouldn't really go over 1.3. It doesn't really match the rest of the map in difficulty, because it's not really jump sounds being mapped.
01:03:193 (3,4) - I don't think this spacing change is necessary, but up to you if you want to change. Changed.
01:11:193 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,1) - I rather like how this is mapped. You mean it's good or bad? my english is really poor
01:21:859 (1,2,3) - Please use equal spacing. Fixed.
01:23:637 (1,2) - Flow just feels odd here. Why do you map this part so differently than 01:21:859 (1,2,3) - . ? I prefer it if you kept the flow the same through here without gaps in the beat. It feels more right, and you can make a better pattern if you do. Changed something, it should better flows imo.
01:29:859 (3,4,5) - Small spacing discrepancy. Fixed.
01:33:193 (3,4,5) - ^ Fixed.
Thank You for advanced mod! It was hard to apply, but really helpful :) http://puu.sh/21uBt
TheVileOne
^It's a good pattern. I liked it.
Low
RobustButtholes.jpg

[General]
  1. Use tick rate 2. Please. It should be used for pretty much most maps because it goes well with the music.
  2. If you're going to follow the vocals, the timing for the last few seconds of the map (1:44:970 and on) is off. This is only a problem in wa's hard though, since it is the only difficulty that follows the vocals at this part. You have a choice to ask wa to not follow the vocals in that part of the song like you did, or find the correct timing.
[VinylDash's Easy]
  1. The difficulty stats (HP drain, OD, etc.) are extremely low. Here's a tip for the future; they should never ever be on 0. I wouldn't even put them on 1. Please, set all of the ticks to 2.
  2. 00:24:970 (1,2) - I'm not sure why these sliders are rotated differently. I think it would be neater and more symmetrical to just copy the shape of (1), reverse it, and use it as a replacement for (2). Here's an example of what I mean.
  3. 01:15:637 (2,1) - These almost overlap really slightly, and it looks rather ugly. Move (1) up about 2 grids to fix this.
  4. 01:44:525 (4) - A whistle doesn't fits on this circle in my opinion. It should just be a clap.
[Normal]
  1. 00:07:193 (1) - Pretty sure there should be a finish at the beginning of this slider. It's in the music.
  2. 00:21:415 (1) - This slider looks kinda ugly compared to the previous ones. Remove one of the nodes and make it neater using the new slider algorithm.
  3. 01:05:859 (1,1) - For a normal difficulty, it'd be advised to give a player on a "normal" level of experience some more time to recover from the spinner before going into the next slider.
In the chorus, it seems like you're putting finishes on every long white tick. However, there's some places in which you missed the finishes, so I would go over the hitsounds again to fix them (the finishes) for consistency.

[wa's Hard]
  1. See the general mod.
  2. HP Drain 4 and OD 5 shouldn't be used in a hard difficulty. Turn both of them up to 6.
  3. 01:12:970 (1,2,3,4) - I don't think sliders with red nodes fit how you've mapped the difficulty or the song. I would just make these sliders with normal, smooth curves.
  4. 01:20:970 (1,3) - Align these so that it forms a perfect triangle pattern.
[Insane]
  1. 00:07:193 (1) - Finish. It's in the music.
  2. Same concern with the finishes in the chorus like I said in normal.
Kawaii map
wa_
Ok, applied. I made 2 versions:
- similar to Easy diff http://puu.sh/21Ey0
- similar to Normal and Insane diffs http://puu.sh/21FfX
I'd prefer 2nd option, but make as You think. ;)
ColdTooth

Jacob wrote:

RobustButtholes.jpg o.o

[General]
  1. Use tick rate 2. Please. It should be used for pretty much most maps because it goes well with the music.
  2. If you're going to follow the vocals, the timing for the last few seconds of the map (1:44:970 and on) is off. This is only a problem in wa's hard though, since it is the only difficulty that follows the vocals at this part. You have a choice to ask wa to not follow the vocals in that part of the song like you did, or find the correct timing.
[VinylDash's Easy]
  1. The difficulty stats (HP drain, OD, etc.) are extremely low. Here's a tip for the future; they should never ever be on 0. I wouldn't even put them on 1. Please, set all of the ticks to 2. Thank you for the tip. I'll follow this in the future of mapping.
  2. 00:24:970 (1,2) - I'm not sure why these sliders are rotated differently. I think it would be neater and more symmetrical to just copy the shape of (1), reverse it, and use it as a replacement for (2). Here's an example of what I mean. Good idea, I'll think about it.
  3. 01:15:637 (2,1) - These almost overlap really slightly, and it looks rather ugly. Move (1) up about 2 grids to fix this. Done
  4. 01:44:525 (4) - A whistle doesn't fits on this circle in my opinion. It should just be a clap. KK

Kawaii map
http://puu.sh/222kF
ztrot
adjusted tick rate to 2 http://puu.sh/22m7y don't forget to add me to tags :3
Low
I'll mod ztrot's diff (and recheck) tomorrow. Get some mods on it too so I can bubble dis
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
Will try my best to get mods :3
Low
General

Add ztrot to the tags.
USE TICK RATE 2 JESUS PLEASE

ztrony

00:07:193 (1) - Finish. It's in the music.
00:10:748 (2,3) - Ugly overlap while playing it. Space (3) a bit farther away from (2) or just play around with it yourself.
00:24:970 (1) - Finish for emphasis on the start of da chorus
00:51:415 (1,2) - Not a good looking combination of sliders. I would do something like this. If you do this, (2) aligns neatly with the next slider, so yay.
01:00:526 (1,2) - Overlap police

Insane

01:34:748 (7) - Remove the whistle from the body of this slider. Sounds not-kawaii

Really want to bubble this but ztrot's diff has no mods.
ztrot
http://puu.sh/23eTX made jacobs changes
Ekaru
You mapped Babs Seed but didn't tell me, CDFA? YOU SON OF A-

I'll check it out later.
Aurele
ztrot doesn't needs mods.

ok,goingtomodit

ztrot
  1. 00:25:859 (3) - I may be a bit far but, to do like you've done on the next Kiai Time (00:25:859 (3,1,1) - ), I suggest you to do the same by adding a new combo. You could do the same thing with 00:32:970 (3) -
  2. 00:44:748 (2,3,4) - With the sliders 3 and 4, you could be able to create a better blanket with the circle between them. The form and the emplacement of the slider (4) is just looking very weird and it would be good if you were making it. Actually, I was able to make a blanket with the slider 3 just by moving it one grid down and one grid at the left (If you're using Grid Size 3). After that, you can reshape the slider (4) a bit:
    Example
    *okyes, it's on 1/12 because I wanted to give you an example*

3. 00:51:415 (1) - I've looked at your new combos, you're adding new combos at every two measurements except some exceptions. At this place, you've added a new combo here, but normally, you wouldn't since there's only a one-combo measurement. It would be good if you're deleting this new combo so it will combine with the previous one and then, there's going to create a two-combo measurement like the previous and the next combos.
  4. 01:02:526 (4) - This is such a weird spacing, don't you think? The previous two objects were stacked together and then, you've added a circle to make a blanket with the previous slider but, after that, there's some kind of "retarded" spacing between (3,4,5); that's very weird since, well, the emplacement of the circle (4) is understandable but then, the jump is not looking well. It would be better if maybe, you keep the consistency as you done with (3,4) or even, move the circle (4) somewhere else so it wouldn't make a jump with the next circle.
  5. 01:06:081 (4,5,6,7,8) - I do not like the form of this Star Form, the circles (5,8) looks like they were placed a bit too high. i suggest you to reform it a bit, so they could be perfectly spaced. I also suggest you to make something with these too: 01:41:415 (1,2,3,4,5) -
  6. 01:09:415 (3) - I suggest you to add a new combo here, to fit with the two previous ones. The two previous ones were combining the words "Babs Seeds, Babs Seeds" but then, this circle is not part of these words, so a new combo could be added.
  7. 01:15:637 (3) - To do like the beginning of the Kiai Time, wouldn't it have a new combo to fit with the vocals? Do the same thing with 01:36:970 (3) - , 01:40:526 (3) - .
  8. 01:24:970 (5) - I understand what you did there with the New combos but, I think it's getting a bit long. I suggest you to add a new combo here because, it's going to fit with the vocals (even if it's starting at the reverse arrow); on the current combo, there's 8 sliders, by adding a new combo here, it will isolate them by two groups of four sliders (Indeed, that's a bit weird..). Anyways, I really suggest you to add a new combo.
ztrot
adjusted with suggestions from gabe's mod post I feel that my spacing is justified and my patterns mostly my star ones are on a matter of preference and not playability

http://puu.sh/23Glq

note to any modders make sure to download this .osu before modding my diff k thanks
Kiddo-Kun
swaq

[General]
* Disable the letter box in each difficulty so it doesn't cut off the video.
* Offset 72 (-10)

[VinylDash's Easy]

• 00:28:526 (1) - Not a huge issue, but this would flow better into the next note if it was turned 90 degrees,like this.

[Normal]
* Tick rate 2 is sexy

• 00:19:627 (1) - Remove new combo to match with previous combo pattern.
• 00:39:627 (1) - This would be better if it started on 00:39:405 -. That gap between the slider and spinner is straight awkward.

[Insane]
* Tick rate 2

• 00:26:859 (2) - Remove this note. It does not match the music and it seems excess.
• 01:06:081 (1) - This part is so high in energy and it's a shame not seeing that stressed. Map through this spinner.
• 01:09:526 (2) - As I said above, excess.

[Ztrot]

• 00:09:859 (9,10) - I think swapping the position of these two notes will make this pattern a lot more flowing. (9 goes where 10 was and vice versa)

That's all. Very good map, ready for a bubble. But I'll leave that to Jacob
ztrot
I would do that but it would make the gap from 10 to 11 to large for my liking so I'm going to keep it as is if you don't mind.
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
Just a comment on insane, so many people have disliked that note, but it fits with the vocals (It's like "WHAT ARE WE". The note goes on the "are") and it's so kawaii and omg.

Everythign else changed, though. I'll wait for Vinyl's change. (He'll hopefully remove letterboxing from his diff, but every other diff, I've removed letterboxing.)

ilu Kiddo-nyan <3
ColdTooth

Kiddo-Kun wrote:

swaq

[General]
* Disable the letter box in each difficulty so it doesn't cut off the video. Done. Noone told me in the first place. Sorry.

[VinylDash's Easy]

• 00:28:526 (1) - Not a huge issue, but this would flow better into the next note if it was turned 90 degrees,like this. Done.

CDFA wrote:

Everythign else changed, though. I'll wait for Vinyl's change. (He'll hopefully remove letterboxing from his diff
Yeah, yeah, hopefully I know what you're talking about.

Er... here you go.

http://puu.sh/23J5b
Low
Fixed inconsistencies on the easy difficulty and unsnapped kiai times. Timing looks fine now (thanks Kiddo).

Babs Seed Babs Seed what we gonna do
Got a bubble on our map, gotta hide we gotta bail
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
why must life be such a struggle

</3~. But it's ok
Aurele
We have changed something with the spinner on Insane and an unsnapped inherited timing point on every difficulties, which was minor.
When submiting, the offset was off, the Letterbox was enabled on wa's Hard and we fixed it.

I'm glad to give you my first bubble.

Rebubbled~
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
YAY

WOO

YAY

BATS BEWARE

KAWAII

KAWAII RIKA
ColdTooth

CDFA wrote:

YAY

WOO

YAY

BATS BEWARE

KAWAII

KAWAII RIKA
YAY

WOO!

Also, just finished a Babs Seed sketch on paper.
Cloudchaser
pro
ztrot
glad I was able to squeeze in here and make a diff thanks CDFA :D
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
Yay yw, your diff is so kawaii <3~
Loooctav
Yay! :3 Good Luck CDFA :)
BeatofIke
Wow, I'm so slow! =_=
Oh well, good luck for ranking :)
Bass
Looked through map, it's really nice. And congratulations to wa_ for getting his first difficulty bubbled :)!
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
Thanks everyone >w<~.

BATS SHALL APPEAR. EVENTUALLY (Not today since like I think there's a limit to how many maps can be ranked in one day) BUT STILL.
Kurai
There is an ugly white line at the left border of the background :

I have removed it for you : http://puu.sh/25aJZ

Also the offset video needs to be changed. Change it to 130ms, do it directly in the .osu at this line :
Video,0,"CMC - Babs Seed (1080p)   MP3 (My Little Pony S03E04).flv"
Change the 0 to 130.

That's it.
ztrot
I assume you can rank this after that seeing as no changes were made to the mapset :3
Raging Bull
Aw yeah, rank this so CDFA can finally work on his K-ON Collab \o\
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
I hath returned.

These should all be fixed now. Yay.
show more