forum

Is it Possible this Map to be Ranked?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nizura
So People seemed to Hype this Practice Map I was making Most Likely because of the Song itself and I was wondering if it was actually rankable seeing it's kind of explicit in a sense it is this Map so I wonder if I should get serious and try to rank it or just leave it as is and continue practicing Mapping beatmapsets/1079675#osu/2273744
BR41N
I don't think this is explicit enough to be unrankable. As a fan of S3RL, I'd like this to be ranked as well, lol. I don't even think this is his most inappropriate song.
lewski
move on and focus on improving
Dialect
why would s3rl be a featured artist if some of his songs can't even get ranked
Zelzatter Zero

MinNin wrote:

why would s3rl be a featured artist if some of his songs can't even get ranked
it really depends. being FA doesn't mean you can use all the artist's songs for free to map. The most notable example is BLANKFIELD's Goodbye, where Emphemeral is still having trouble with copyright licensing to make it onto FA list. Even more if the song has NSFW content since RC prohibits that. Although both もぺもぺ and MARENOL by LeaF made it, I still really don't think it can.
Topic Starter
Nizura
So from what I am getting at it's best I should just leave it as is, although it may hurt me a bit I think it is best I just continue on I just wanted to know if it was rankable so I would put a bit more effort in it.
Dialect

Nizura wrote:

So from what I am getting at it's best I should just leave it as is, although it may hurt me a bit I think it is best I just continue on I just wanted to know if it was rankable so I would put a bit more effort in it.
yeah it's sad. i wanna map more rap/hip hop but most of it is too explicit for osu. that's literally why osu needs an explicit warning, like not just in the description, but when you play the map, similar to the epilepsy warning
Machiavellian
Its def not too explicit, look at the 200 times bass slut has been mapped and ranked.