forum

Help me coming back to play O!m

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
farxhan
Hi everyone. So I deciced to play Osu! again after a very long time. You can see my activity on my profile, last time I intensively played Osu! was like 3 years ago. I bought a new better laptop and all, with expectation being able to play Osu!mania better. Boy was I wrong, I freaking succ. I was never good at this game, but now it just get worse and it's frustrating me.

I use the same skin and play the same old songs yet I can't get at least A. I'm even struggling playing 4K 3* maps. One thing worth noting though, now I use 240fps to play. I used to play at 60fps (VSync) but when on this new laptop, with 60fps I always hit 100. No idea why.

Do you have any idea to bring back my old o!m ability beside of practicing (I do practice every other day)? Any training beatmaps recommendation for stair, jack, etc.? (It's kinda hard to find them since most of them are graveyard or unranked). Any help would be appreciated. Thank you very much.
[LS]PositoniX
i quit osu mania between janurary 2019 to janurary 2020, and when i came back my skill went down by half a year. used to be comfortable with 4 star maps, almost doing 5 star, but when i came back i could barely do 5 star maps, though i was okay with 3 star. needless to say when i came back at february i checked what's the hardest difficulty i can play and just played songs around that difficulty, then went on with improving as usual. i recovered all my skill and more since then.
Lights
based on your plays and situation, i'd recommend just going through tons and tons of 3star charts and try to work your PBs up. the rest will come with time. I'd avoid 4star for now.

If you're having a bad day on 3star charts, dont be afraid to have a session just doing 2star charts going for good accuracy.
Caput Mortuum

farxhan wrote:

I use the same skin and play the same old songs yet I can't get at least A. I'm even struggling playing 4K 3* maps. One thing worth noting though, now I use 240fps to play. I used to play at 60fps (VSync) but when on this new laptop, with 60fps I always hit 100. No idea why.
New laptop, new keyboard, new latency, so you have to adapt to new timings. What's more, you play on 60fps, which adds even more latency. I suggest just play on unlimited or 240fps

farxhan wrote:

Do you have any idea to bring back my old o!m ability beside of practicing (I do practice every other day)? Any training beatmaps recommendation for stair, jack, etc.? (It's kinda hard to find them since most of them are graveyard or unranked). Any help would be appreciated. Thank you very much.
Unfortunately I don't think there's any way to magically git gut after a long break. If you take a look at my ranking chart, it's been going downhill because I've inactive for so long. I've started playing regularly again since 3 months ago but I can only set new records just recently.