forum

Help/Questions

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sanae-Kochiya
I have 3 questions:

1- Maps can no longer be put on multiple images for special difficulties?.

2- How do I get a friend to make a diff of my map? I read the help section but I don't understand ...

3- There are no videos that explain in detail the key points to learn to map?
Shiyzo
1. you can use different background on each difficulty, if this is what you were asking
2. your friend will open your map in editor, create a new difficulty, map it as one would, and once done Folder -> Open song folder -> find a notepad of their difficulty -> copy the whole thing that's inside this notepad and either send it over to you using some third party sites like https://pastebin.com/ or just over in game PM-s or wherever really, it's whatever.
you copy that whole thing, and as a map host you go to file -> open song folder create a notepad and paste all of that in there. save and you're done.
3. pishifat has some real educating videos on mapping so i encourage you to check those out.
lewski
here's your key point: open the editor and map, even if it's hard and your improvement is slow
Asphiee
uh.... follow what they said
Zelzatter Zero

Sanae-Kochiya wrote:

I have 3 questions:

1- Maps can no longer be put on multiple images for special difficulties?. Yes you still can, by import background in specific difficulties just like how you normally import bg to the map, they're just barely used nowadays.

2- How do I get a friend to make a diff of my map? I read the help section but I don't understand ... First, your friend will make their own diff first, then go to File -> Open Song Folder, there will be .osu files with name format Artist - Title (Creator name) [Diffname]. Choose the file with the [Diffname] is the same with your friend's difficulty and send it to you.

3- There are no videos that explain in detail the key points to learn to map? Yes it is: here
Topic Starter
Sanae-Kochiya
Oh .... Thanks guys for answering my questions. Now I hope to learn to map better ...
Laxxer

Sanae-Kochiya wrote:

Oh .... Thanks guys for answering my questions. Now I hope to learn to map better ...
The top way to improve in mapping is to map a ton of maps. So after watching Pishifat videos/reading other guides make sure you are mapping a ton of maps and getting people to mod them. Do not try to rank them.

I found modding other beatmaps also made my maps better because it makes you think critically about a map that isn't yours, which you can apply to your own mapping.
Asphiee

Ashton wrote:

The top way to improve in mapping is to map a ton of maps. So after watching Pishifat videos/reading other guides make sure you are mapping a ton of maps and getting people to mod them. Do not try to rank them.

I found modding other beatmaps also made my maps better because it makes you think critically about a map that isn't yours, which you can apply to your own mapping.
I second this. You can also go to Editor and look at the maps of your favorite mapper, study them until you can make a style that is exclusively yours. You made a right move asking here since you've been given many advice from experienced mappers you see above me.