41.11%
No
23.33%
Later
35.56%
Total votes: 90
Topic Starter
Bass
Wii U came out 2 days ago in USA. Ok discuss.

In Europe we have to wait 10 days yet before it gets released.

Also lol that 5 gb actualization and forgotten warning about not turning off console while patching.
bomber34
just wait ... like always
Doesn't most consoles today have a boring/hard start?
Everything must be rushed nowadays
I think about buying the Wii U maybe after christmas when they hopefully fix'd all problems
Mercurial
If I had to buy it, I'll do it in May or July of the next year.
Mianki
I'll buy it when a game that I wanna play on it comes out. Prolly the next Zelda or Metroid or Smash, I'm not too fond of the Pikimin series.
Vish024
Nah, not really my sorta thing.
Dieathan
Probably get one about Christmas when a decent chunk of launch problems get ironed out. Launch games looks pretty solid so far.
Stefan
Meh.. except for Majora's Mask HD there is no reason to buy it.
Also, money isn't available.
H_Hitachiin
I'll get one on Black Friday.
NaomiMinette
I'll get one later, even though I'm keeping my eyes on New Super Mario Bros. U and Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed *just got finished reading this*
jjrocks
I just bought one. I'll make a separate thread for gamer tags when I get home on Thursday

Nintendo Network ID Names

osu! username - NNID username
  1. jjrocks - jjrocks
  2. Soaprman - Soaprman
  3. sasori93 - plankton013
  4. Backfire - Backfire
  5. Behonkiss - Behonkiss
  6. Dieathan - Dieathan
  7. CDFA - Nestling
  8. foulcoon - foulcoon

Do not add them via friends list. You actually need to do it via Miiverse so that way they don't need to add you back and instead can just accept the friend request.

Detailed instructions:
1. Go to Miiverse
2. Go to User Menu
3. Go to Search Users
4. Put the Nintendo ID name in
5. Go to their profile
6. Press "Friend Request"
7. Write a message if you want
8. Press send
9. A notification will appear for them so that they can accept it.
rust45
Why make a separate thread? Just collaborate the names in this thread.
NaomiMinette

jjrocks wrote:

I just bought one.
Have fun updating :o
Blaziken
I got one. Connected it to the internet. BAM!!!
A Wild update appears
So I was the smartest entity in the multiverse and turned it off.
Now its bricked...
NaomiMinette

Blaziken wrote:

A Wild update appears
Now its bricked...
Okay, why would you ever cut off the power for an update? (This applies to other things that needs updating as well.)
Blaziken

Blazevoir wrote:

Blaziken wrote:

A Wild update appears
Now its bricked...
Okay, why would you ever cut off the power for an update? (This applies to other things that needs updating as well.)
I-I thought it was frozen... :P
jjrocks
Smart. XD

rust45 wrote:

I would do it here but that means that I would force the responsibility on Bass. Which is the last thing I want to do. Plus, I would be more than happy to do it myself

Edit: I totally forgot that I had a post on the first page. I can just do it here XD
H_Hitachiin
Waiting outside stores for one XD
NaomiMinette
Just some stuff I saw on another forum:

http://wiiudaily.com/2012/09/no-wii-u-price-cut-for-years/

and this:

Someone's follow-up reply in said forum
So, let me straighten something out.
The Moon...
In HD.....

jjrocks
Oh I forgot to say, my user is the same as most accounts "jjrocks" so add me whenever you guys are free~
NaomiMinette
K *writes a memo and saves it for Christmas/my birthday*
jericho2442
your console might not be bricked jus saying, it continues the update upon turning it back on, just it does on the black screen instead of the update screen. i heard of some people just leaving it on that screen for a few hours and boom the console loaded up into the updated version.

i could be wrong though since its all hear say atm and i dont have one myself atm
Blaziken
Well... That black screen is really misleading then...
Gonna go turn it on then.
Topic Starter
Bass

jjrocks wrote:

Smart. XD

rust45 wrote:

I would do it here but that means that I would force the responsibility on Bass. Which is the last thing I want to do. Plus, I would be more than happy to do it myself

Edit: I totally forgot that I had a post on the first page. I can just do it here XD
Reading nicks and adding then to OP doesn't seem like big responsibility but if you want to do it yourself go ahead.

I do more responsible things as picking maps to Ranking Charts anyway and nobody complains, sigh...
cokeshawty

Blazevoir wrote:

K *writes a memo and saves it for Christmas/my birthday*
Soaprman
I got one a dese bad boyz. My ninty net id is Soaprman. I added jj.

Sent from my Wii U
Saso-Hikage
Just a few more days and the Wii U will be released in Europe. ^^
cokeshawty

sasori93 wrote:

Just a few more days and the Wii U will be released in Europe. ^^
Yeaaah!!
jjrocks
At some point in time, JJ wants some form of EBA for this console so he can die happy.
NaomiMinette
Or, y'know, a Homebrew app so someone can try sticking osu! on the Wii U /o/

In all seriousness, the tablets will either be filled with fingerprints or really scratched up if an EBA came out for it.
Dieathan
Just pre-ordered my Wii U with a copy of New Super Mario Bros. U. Too bad I won't be getting it until Chirstmas.

I'll probably get either Batman: Arkham City or Sonic and All-Star Racing: Transformed beforehand while I'm waiting just for the sake of having something else to play on it.
NaomiMinette

Dieathan wrote:

Just pre-ordered my Wii U with a copy of New Super Mario Bros. U. Too bad I won't be getting it until Chirstmas.

I'll probably get either Batman: Arkham City or Sonic and All-Star Racing: Transformed beforehand while I'm waiting just for the sake of having something else to play on it.
Ooh! I wanna race you on S&ASRT when I get my Wi iU :D (hopefully this Christmas :o)
Mianki
Asdf I was thinking of buying S&ASRT, should I buy a wii u so I could play with you guys~
Oh wait, timezones asdfasdf
Blaziken
S&SASR:T Is extremely fun. Untill it gets to flying...
NaomiMinette
Just wondering: are the flying mechanics anything like Mario Kart 7's, or can you literally keep flying?
Saso-Hikage
Tomorrow *.*
Blaziken

Blazevoir wrote:

Just wondering: are the flying mechanics anything like Mario Kart 7's, or can you literally keep flying?
You keep flying untill the course ends. The game will force your vehicle into a different mode.
Ekaru

Blazevoir wrote:

They're nothing like MK7's. The game changes you into a goddamn plane. As in, it actually changes how the game plays and does more than add in unintended shortcuts and make lightning broken as heck. Speaking of lightning, there's no lightning equivalent because they actually wanted some balance here.

BTW, here's a tip: Hold onto an item at all times. Thankfully, you get your item as soon as you hit an item box so you can just use your item right before the item boxes if you still have it. Most items cancel each other out, and even boosts can be used to evade homing items, so this is a very good idea. Also, if you line yourself up nicely for the AI to hit you they *will* hit you at higher difficulty levels so don't be an idiot.

Also, the Wii U patch is supposed to be out very, very soon. Yay?

Asdf I was thinking of buying S&ASRT, should I buy a wii u so I could play with you guys~
Oh wait, timezones asdfasdf
If you get it for the PS3 tell me and I'll play you whenever. ~ I'm sometimes up at 2 or 3 AM playing it, though (with voice chat! I got a USB headset mainly for this). Do get it eventually, though, because it's a very good game. There is going to be a PC version, though, and it'll have a TF2 vehicle (complete with three different drivers), along with 60 FPS if you have a good machine, so you might want to wait for that. If it has online this time around that could easily end up being the version to go for.
Blaziken
I am loving S&ASRT I need to purchase it for my PS3. (For teh lulz)
Saso-Hikage
Yay, my Wii U finally arrived ^^

Btw, is someone here about to create a list for the IDs ?
Soaprman
Well, the list is short so far.

Forum name - Nintendo ID
  1. Soaprman - Soaprman
  2. jjrocks - jjrocks
I think that's it.
Saso-Hikage
Well, the Wii U was just released, so it's quite normal that the list isn't that long.
However, add me to the list and we are at least 3 people ^^

sasori93 - plankton013
jjrocks
I made one on the first page. Now to actually friend someone is a slightly different story.
Do not add them via friends list. You actually need to do it via miiverse so that way they don't need to add you back and instead can just accept the friend request.

Detailed list:
1. Go to Miiverse
2. Go to User Menu
3. Go to Search Users
4. Put the Nintendo ID name in
5. Go to their profile
6. Press "Friend Request"
7. Write a message if you want
8. Press send
9. A notification will appear for them so that they can accept it.
Soaprman
I enjoy the Wii U a lot and my gripes with it are few but it was some work to figure out how to add friends the first time around. The general OS navigation could really use an intuitivity boost.

Added sasori.
Saso-Hikage
Got your requests.

Indeed, adding friends still is a bit complex, but I appreceate that they abolished these damn friend codes :D
Mianki
So what are you guys doing with the Wii U? Spending time in Miiverse or playing games?
jjrocks
Some of both, Miiverse is a great way to spend some small free time and check out the posts but when I have more than 10-15 minutes I usually pop in NSMBU and play that for a while.
bmin11
New Super Mario Bros. Wii U looks like an awesome game to play with friends. I mean it.
MMzz
I'll get it when a badass taiko game comes out.
Moriya Suwako
Yes I will. :D
I don't have wii, so I think I'll play lots of Wii games, too.
Saso-Hikage
Dying pretty hard in ZombiU :P
show more