forum

disable vocals

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
in hell i burn
nevermind
Flanster
That is not how it works...
Even if a vocal removal effect is applied, its effectiveness will vary greatly across one's beatmap library.

Also if you don't want to listen to little anime girls... just don't listen to little anime girls.
z0z
i don't think there is really many algorithms, if any, that can remove vocals cleanly, also some maps chart to the vocals of the song which means that the notes of the song will focus on the vocals

you can simply find songs that don't have such vocals as there's plenty to go around
Mendozer
just replace the song with the instrumental idk LOL
Hoew
As of now you cannot remove vocals from an audio file without creating some artefacts in the output, and having artefacts in a song would personally drive me crazy.
abraker
doing OOPS is not going to work for all tracks you know, and as said, it leaves artifacts prob undesirable in rhythm game context.

Also a lot of maps are also have patterns mapped to vocals, so consider that removing vocals for your song of choice may make notes not mapped to anything. In that regard, would it really benefit to not have "little anime girls" in audio and instead have patterns that make less sense?
TheKingHenry
can't wait to have non-vocal version of that one Bonsai map

EDIT: yea this
Lights
in a game about playing maps based on the rhythm of a song, you're recommending we disable part of... the song?
Kazuya
Should use FL Studio, then replace mp3 in beatmap folder.

Here is an example:

Original song (Extremely high pitched vocals) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU7S_yTVLpE&list=PL1RvyE3iRM3u5hQhE8nw22gRm4WVESuaY

and voila: https://voca.ro/9JN2aJ2dBUl (Jump to 00:22)

I hope i was able to help you :D :D :D XD
Lord-Sugar
Its a good idea but unfortunately a program like osu wouldn't be able to remove vocals easily.