forum

Does playing 7K improve my skill at 4K?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Paperboxx
Hello! Sorry if my English is bad. :P

I'm playing 4K osu!mania for a few months now and I really want to improve. Also it seems like I really struggle to do maps above 3.2* in 4K. Some people said that playing 7K will improve 4K skill. Because of that, I'm now playing 7K and I can play 1*-2* maps. But is it true that playing 7K will improve 4K?

Ska
at the beginning maybe, but 4k starts to get a lot more physically demanding than 7k way early on, so try not to expect too much improvement from playing one to the other, id recommend playing both like theyre completely different game modes
Bobbias
7k does translate to a certain level of 4k skill, but because 4k is more physically demanding at any given star rating, the 4k skill level will always lag behind the 7k skill. I can play some 7k maps in the 6-8 star range depending on patterns, but anything after 4 stars or so in 4k is where things begin to fall apart for me.
[LS]PositoniX
well, if you can read 7k very well then you can read 4k somewhat okay but not vice versa. that being said, 4k maps are a lot denser then 7k maps so you won't be able to read harder 4k maps due to them being fairly physically demanding. if you can play 4-5* on 7k you might be able to play some high 3* 4k maps.