forum

Is an Unforgiving-style marathon mapset rankable?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
archer-
Hello.

I was planning on mapping The Weeknd's latest album, After Hours, which ends up being 56min long in total. I also would like all of the individual songs to be playable through their own diff. Is this spread rankable? The reason I am wondering is because I used song-specific MP3s for the respective diff's of each song, instead of just using the marathon mp3 and putting breaks in until the song comes up. If there is some information on the ranking criteria about marathons, I would appreciate it if someone pointed me to it

Here is the beatmap for reference

Thanks^^
Serizawa Haruki
Multiple mp3 files are not rankable which means you could only rank it if you have 1 marathon diff that includes all the songs, but you can't have the individual songs with their own diff.
Dialect

archer- wrote:

Hello.

I was planning on mapping The Weeknd's latest album, After Hours, which ends up being 56min long in total. I also would like all of the individual songs to be playable through their own diff. Is this spread rankable? The reason I am wondering is because I used song-specific MP3s for the respective diff's of each song, instead of just using the marathon mp3 and putting breaks in until the song comes up. If there is some information on the ranking criteria about marathons, I would appreciate it if someone pointed me to it

Here is the beatmap for reference

Thanks^^

definitely not rankable. you have to put it into a marathon, instead of including separate songs. and i could help you with some of the songs if you need to.
Topic Starter
archer-

Serizawa Haruki wrote:

Multiple mp3 files are not rankable which means you could only rank it if you have 1 marathon diff that includes all the songs, but you can't have the individual songs with their own diff.

Thanks for replying! Ok that makes sense. I have a mp3 file with all of the songs back to back on it, if I only included that mp3 in the file and, for each diff, keep the hitobjects for it, then remove the hitobjects for the other songs, is that rankable?

It's really confusing to describe from text, it is what the mapper of The Unforgiving did. Here is a picture from the [Shot in the Dark] diff:

https://imgur.com/a/VW97XzI

Basically there's a break form the beginning of the song until when the song in each diff starts
TheKingHenry

archer- wrote:

It's really confusing to describe from text, it is what the mapper of The Unforgiving did. Here is a picture from the [Shot in the Dark] diff:

Basically there's a break form the beginning of the song until when the song in each diff starts

well Unforgiving is also like 8 years old mapset (from the time when Approved was a thing), so everything from back then just ain't necessarily relevant these days rule-wise
Serizawa Haruki

archer- wrote:

Thanks for replying! Ok that makes sense. I have a mp3 file with all of the songs back to back on it, if I only included that mp3 in the file and, for each diff, keep the hitobjects for it, then remove the hitobjects for the other songs, is that rankable?

No, that is still not rankable because there is a rule in the ranking criteria saying that you cannot leave more than the last 20% of the mp3 file unmapped. Besides, it would basically be redundant content since you'd have the exact same map both in the marathon diff and in the individual song diff. The only way is really to only use 1 marathon diff.
Topic Starter
archer-
Fair enough! Thanks all for the replies