forum

New player here - what are some ways to get used to Rain and above?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Qutilt
I've been playing CtB for the little over a month and it's quite fun and satisfying so far. I am starting to get more consistent on Platters, but I am finding myself reaching a plateau. I've been considering to play Rain maps as they are out of my comfort zone, but I am having quite some trouble most Rain maps I have so far.

Can you guys share with me some maps that are useful for learning new patterns/ general practice, and is there anything that I need to pay extra attention to?
XxduckpigxX
Good Jump DT song:
beatmapsets/146780#fruits/363635

NoMods:
beatmapsets/415827#fruits/1304682
beatmapsets/655269#fruits/1388652
beatmapsets/685428#fruits/1450886

These are some decent ones that I could pull off the top of my head
AutoLs
just pick a random map and spam retry on it until you full combo
I CAN FC
Edgar_Figaro
When I was new, I found the hardest part of going from Platter to Rain was actually the AR and not so much the patterns. Rain patterns are really just longer Platter patterns as Platter already introduced the Hyperdash. Only thing that was hard for me was going from AR8 to 9 (feels silly now as AR9 feels slow but back in the day it was fast for me)

So what I did instead was look for "slow rains" there are many rain maps that are AR8.5 and what not. I played those to build my speed up to AR9. I would check some of these maps out to see if it's a reading problem of the AR or the patterns. If it's a pattern problem take the advice of other people who have posted here