forum

Was it worth it to download 105489 maps?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
xJustSayori
So recently I got the idea to download a lot of maps (Yesterday)
And pretty much I decided it was a good idea to download over 100k maps
Was this a good idea? What do y'all think?
[https://imgur.com/rowGeKs]
MasterDeus
not enough
Topic Starter
xJustSayori

MasterDeus wrote:

not enough

Bet. I’ll download more when I can lmfao
fafa
imo as long as you have tons of storage to spare then why not
Hydreigon
dang, how much storage do you have?
Nuuskamuikkunen
Your osu! folder is not a proper folder if it's less than 20GB.
Topic Starter
xJustSayori

Hydreigon wrote:

dang, how much storage do you have?

I got one 1T HDD, One 2T HDD and one SSD with 256GB of storage
TicClick
this reminds me of a classic thought experiment: if a player downloads 105489 maps and no one is around to hear it, is it worth it? different philosophers lean towards different answers.
Chiru-kun
accidentally presses f3+2+3
nyaarin
are there even 105489 ranked maps?
Hellnickell
I think it's a good idea, because you have more diversity on your library and you also can find more multiplayer rooms that are playing on a beatmap you own. The only con about it is that it probably takes up too many storage space (probably around 2-3 GB depending on which beatmaps you downloaded, maybe even 10 GB).
RhythmicRS
yeah
jowsh
Hitting f2 and hearing a new song every time is gonna be so satisfying. I only have about 5000 maps, and I'm familiar with what all of them sound like. It gets tiresome.
kabute
It's not worth it. I did that a while back and like 70k were unranked and 10k were loved or mania/catch. Also, that fucks up whenever you refresh maps because it'll take around 10 mins to refresh maps even with an SSD.
keremaru
Since I play osu! on a school laptop, I'm not as fortunate when it comes to song choice. In terms of song count, I only have about 15.4% of your convenient library, so I'd say the more the merrier.
[LS]PositoniX
damn, i only have 70k, and that includes ranked, loved, some popular graveyarded maps from 2017/2018 for all modes. it is literally the reason i bought a new hard drive, to store my beatmaps. if you have 1 big file or folder with all of those beatmaps i'd definitely download it
Topic Starter
xJustSayori

PositoniX wrote:

damn, i only have 70k, and that includes ranked, loved, some popular graveyarded maps from 2017/2018 for all modes. it is literally the reason i bought a new hard drive, to store my beatmaps. if you have 1 big file or folder with all of those beatmaps i'd definitely download it
Want me to upload my song folder into a torrent file?
Rizevim

MasterDeus wrote:

not enough
i agree
[LS]PositoniX

xJustSayori wrote:

PositoniX wrote:

i'd really appreciate it if you do
Eske N1K

xJustSayori wrote:

PositoniX wrote:

Dang yeah if you could upload your map that'd be awesome!
show more