forum

[AiMod] User adjusted spacing criteria [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
Okay. AiMod has been changed at some point, and has become even more unusable in regards of spacing error finding. If your spacing differs by even 0.01 it's a spacing infringement to aimod, and it's creating a lot of errors that aren't even errors, and it makes it hard to find true spacing errors/flaws with it. Perhaps this is a bug with aimod, because it makes the large majority of maps rated Insane/Extreme, because all the spacing infringements add up and bump the assumed rating. It never used to be this strict.

I propose that we be able to adjust the minimum spacing difference detected by AiMod. There would be a textbox where you can type in a threshold number.Type in 0.03 and it will display all errors that are 0.03 and greater. If this were added, using aimod to fix spacing errors might actually be useful.

The bottomline is AiMod needs to be more useful. Please make it modder friendly. It's been in testing stages for years, at least start adding more functionality to it.
Sakura
If you have any ideas, why not use the SDK and get started? it's easier said than done, and the less people complaining and more people helping would be better.
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
I'm sorry I know Java, not C#.

And I didn't know suggesting things about AiMod was forbidden, or posting bugs about aimod in tech support is forbidden. God forbid actually improving it. peppy is just going to expect the community to improve it for him.

TVO: Pointing out that spacing judgment is making maps show incorrect status in aimod
Sakura: You should fix it yourself, stop complaining
TVO: It's not my job to fix bugs in the game

Actual bugs in aimod are not invalid IMO. And reporting features concerning aimod shouldn't be invalid either unless you can quote peppy saying, aimod will no longer be supported and will never be improved upon. There is no word that aimod's dev status has been discontinued.

also I should note that I seem to be one of the only people who actually care about AiMod's functionality anymore. I find your less people complaining more people helping statement completely invalid. Everyone knows aimod is pointless, and a lost cause. Until peppy shows an investment in it or claims that it's going to be replaced it is unlikely that anyone is going to do anything for it.

This situation is like Chess. We're all waiting for peppy to make the next move. We can't move twice in a row.
Sakura
If it's a bug then it should be in Tech Support, not in Feature Requests :P
My other point is that we all know that AIMod needs improvements, but we need less people to request improvements and more to actually improve it.
Also: t/44535 which you've already posted at.

Edit: I never said dev for AIMod was discontinued, but have you seen the large ammount of requests for it there are (that i find that are actually more worth implementing than this), and mm201 has once stated that AIBat is basically a list of stuff to implement to AIMod.

I see threads all the time saying "AIMod should do this, star difficulty rating should be improved, etc, etc" yet i never see anyone actually doing it, and i think that's really minor stuff in comparison with everything else that is being requested around.

Additionally yes, you're right, this probably should have been marked as duplicate rather than Invalid since you can usee yoshi's thread to suggest more stuff for AIMod, so i'll fix that.

And once again: Feature requests is not for posting bugs, bugs go into Tech Support (I never marked Invalid any thread asking to fix a bug on AIMod that i remember on Tech Support)
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
Noone is requesting things about aimod. That's my point. I'm the only one who cares about aimod. they all want aibat, and it's going to take a complete rewrite of aibat code for it to be integrated with the game. Is it really our responsibility to fix AiMod/integrate AiBAT for peppy? Every other facet of the game is up to peppy to work out, but we're responsible for aimod apparently. you know I might believe that, because its the most underdeveloped thing in the game currently. It sounds just like something the community would be expected to develop.

Finally a good reply and answer. Anyways that part about bug requests is that I post something about aimod in tech support and it gets completely ignored. I post something here and gets instantly invalid without any debate, and nothing is getting done. also this is not a duplicate of yoshi's thread, because this is not a request listed in that thread. Adding more functionality in different ways is different than changing the functionality entirely to user settable criteria.
Sakura
What i'm telling you is to use that thread instead, since it's a collection of features requested for AIMod, in fact iirc it was made by merging multiple AIMod requests from the get go.