forum

Suggestion Compilation [Categories, Filter, Menu and Replay] [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
[SAK]KING_OF_SA
I've been gathering some ideas these days and i want to show them up here:

Beatmap Categories:

We all know the "date", "artist", "difficulty" and "Show all" categories that osu has.

My idea is to add 3 buttons near them; one to add a new category and two to cycle them if a user has added too much.
Just like the pic shows, when you add a new category the current stats, highlighted in the pic, are saved and user is asked to rename the new category.
Pictures:
This setting would be saved offline of course.

Filtering:

It would be nice to add filters to find beatmaps that have video or storyboard easily:
Pictures:

Replay Navigation:

When playing a replay time bars/circle should be fully clickable to go to a specific part.
Pictures:

Main Menu Mode Selection:

This idea consists in removing the "special" submenu that we an find inside "play" and take all modes outside, directly to main menu.
So now, clicking a mode enables it and "solo" starts in that mode. Score would also be updated when a mode is clicked.

Disabled modes would be grey and transparent, with colors when hovered and enable mode would be shown in full colors.

There is also a text that tell player the mode that is enabled in words.

Pictures:

My icons are just examples, I am not suggesting those, just showing what my idea means. Also, i wanted to link the to the "osu!" circle, but I could not find a orioer way.
jemhuntr
hmm... Real interesting thread. Although it would've been better if you separated them into different threads.
Beatmap Categories:
concept is good. But renaming it will be pointless unless peppy implements playlists into osu! (which will never happen according to him)
Filtering:
great. i'd love this.
Replay Navigation:
it would be troublesome for pie progress bar users. I love to see this though, since it sucks when the song ends and I can't rewatch my awesome replay without having to save it.
Main Menu Mode Selection:
this would look great. Although the text should be optional. Buuut... This probably wouldn't happen since peppy is already redesigning the main menu.
Archangel Tirael
You had to create a separate thread for each request. Writing a large number of threads in a row in a short period of time is not punished if you do have something to offer. Double-check for yourself.
EDIT: Support all but the last request.
I think you're good, "the requester." I think that you can still give you some good ideas. The main thing is not to be shy to express those ideas, even what contradictory and silly at first glance they seem. They can always inspire someone to a useful and clever idea. Even if some have noted your thread as [invalid] or [duplicate], do not lose heart and learn from their mistakes to make your next request is even more remarkable. And more ... Do it with gusto. If you really like to write requests, and they will turn out just fine. I think that you still follow my advice.
-------
Sorry again for Google Translate.
Topic Starter
[SAK]KING_OF_SA

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

hmm... Real interesting thread. Although it would've been better if you separated them into different threads.
Beatmap Categories:
concept is good. But renaming it will be pointless unless peppy implements playlists into osu! (which will never happen according to him)
Well, more than a playlist, it would be just a ssetting saving. Renaming it would make it customizable. Biut autonaming could be good.

About separating them... well, i did not want to create a lot of posts at the same time.

Archangel Tirael wrote:

Writing a large number of threads in a row in a short period of time is not punished if you do have something to offer.
I'll remember this. Not knowing it was a barrier when i decided to submit my ideas. Thanks.
theowest

chan wrote:

1. Keep to one request per topic.
Looks like we have another reason for this: t/103804

Here's why:

Replay Navigation: [valid]
could work together with t/90637/, which you could've mentioned in your OP if it was suggested as one request.

Filtering: half duplicate, could keep your topic, but you have multiple requests already.
Not SB, but here's a duplicate for video: t/95832/

Main Menu Mode Selection: [invalid]
p/1893058 so you don't even have to request this at all.

Beatmap Categories: [valid]
couldn't find any duplicate.

So please. Suggest these one at a time, separately. This is just making it harder for everyone.
Topic Starter
[SAK]KING_OF_SA

theowest wrote:

So please. Suggest these one at a time, separately. This is just making it harder for everyone.
In that case i'll fix this creating those topics when i return, right now you have caught me leaving the table.
jemhuntr
so mark this invalid...?
theowest
yeah, since he's going to create these topics separately.