forum

[Question]Can we make a osu! Launcher? [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Frozenemerald
Hi here I have an idea for a skin for me is to create a osu! Launcher launcher as soon as you open the Minecraft launcher osu! opens with a pre-installed skin that you can not change
can we do that?
If you do not understand where I'm coming here is a montage I made
P.S Bad montage U_U
jemhuntr
...wha...?
Archangel Tirael
I confused... and can't understand it correctly. I only understand that you want to create a cool, custom, sexy skinable osume.exe, right?
jemhuntr
oh. Is that so? I'm pretty sure peppy wouldn't do this. But you could just make your own launcher and make it open your osu.exe or osutest.exe or modify your osu.cfg or something. But why would you need one?

I still don't get the thingo about the skin.
Topic Starter
Frozenemerald
For the skin I created long happened to version 3.20 and so I wanted to make this release something really cool for those on the skin and might also be able to receive update instead re downloaded the skin roughly the launcher will update the skin
jemhuntr
holy crap I actually understood that xD

for the sake of other readers:
She (or he, sorry I don't know since her(or his) ava is a girl) wants to create an osu! launcher specifically for her custom skin. You open up the launcher, and it lets you update the skin from there. The skin will be permanent so you can't change it (which is impossible).

Aaand... I'm sorry but I guess this request must be marked invalid (or denied, I'm not sure either). You could make a simpler launcher if you knew some coding or find someone who does. I can't help you with this though since I have no experience in coding in custom windows and dealing with images and especially online auto updating (the furthest I've reached is creating a gui for a simple arithmetic calculator xD). This would require a lot of work so you might have to deal with the current skin submission. :)
Ohrami
THIS MAKES NO SENSE
Archangel Tirael
In other words, he want to distribute your own skin through osume.exe? Brilliant!!!
Specifically about your skin can not say anything, but the fact that the tab osume.exe "extra" to add something totally agree. At least, skin for epileptics to add mandatory.
-------
A bit offtopic: where I can help peppy with translation? A lot of that is in Russian localization remained untranslated, especially after the adding new features.
jemhuntr
O.o this has nothing to do with osume.exe.

Go look for pTransl under general development. Oh wait. Here's a link. t/15603
Solaroid
Eh...?!
Oinari-sama
From osu! Rules - forum wide rules:

Please don't do that again.