forum

How do people stream very fast for so long? (i.e. 250+ bpm)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rookidee
I have trouble keeping up with long streams even at 225 bpm. I know it’s partly genetic but how genetic exactly is it? Does just playing a lot of stream maps improve speed? Any answers are appreciated.
Antiforte
There are specific maps that are good for training your deathstream speed and tapping stamina, and you can make playing those maps part of your daily regime.

Something I personally did was downloading ktgster's slow finger control maps (usually 130-150bpm) and working my way up to consistently DT FC the lower difficulties. Despite being mostly doubles and triples, finger control at 200-220bpm is surprisingly demanding. Taking on 240bpm stream maps was a lot easier for me after a few weeks.

One more thing: you should take a break once you feel a slight burning sensation in your hands. Resting is a good way to cement your speed and stamina improvements. Pushing yourself can actually negate those improvements and even put yourself at risk of developing RSI and other hand injuries.

I don't really believe in genetics. It's all practice for me.
YamichanKawaii
how can u keep up with 225bpm?? I can't even stream 10 second with 160bpm
Almost
Genetics is a factor (you muscle composition, slow twitch/fast twitch) but no one really gets to the limits of their own body. To get faster you have to play faster streams. Simple as that.
Topic Starter
Rookidee
Thanks. I will take all of these into consideration when I want to improve my speed.
Naiad

Antiforte wrote:

There are specific maps that are good for training your deathstream speed and tapping stamina, and you can make playing those maps part of your daily regime.

Something I personally did was downloading ktgster's slow finger control maps (usually 130-150bpm) and working my way up to consistently DT FC the lower difficulties. Despite being mostly doubles and triples, finger control at 200-220bpm is surprisingly demanding. Taking on 240bpm stream maps was a lot easier for me after a few weeks.

One more thing: you should take a break once you feel a slight burning sensation in your hands. Resting is a good way to cement your speed and stamina improvements. Pushing yourself can actually negate those improvements and even put yourself at risk of developing RSI and other hand injuries.

genetics are real whether you like it or not. Its not the end all be all, and even people with genetics will need lots of practice to become very good, but if you really think that someone cant naturally be better than most people you are just wrong
Antiforte

parallaxia wrote:

Antiforte wrote:

genetics are real whether you like it or not. Its not the end all be all, and even people with genetics will need lots of practice to become very good, but if you really think that someone cant naturally be better than most people you are just wrong

I'm sorry for being wrong.

However, despite my incorrect wording, I do stand by my intended message that genetics should not even be brought up if you are still talking about the 2xx BPM range.

It's an understandable concern, but ultimately misguided as I could easily say "oh, I've been stuck at 5 stars and 240 BPM bursts for three years, must be my genetic limit, might as well quit w".

In retrospect, I should have worded my last sentence this way: "You could say its genetics, but unless you're already streaming 350BPM you shouldn't really be considering it". A bit too long for my liking, but probably a more definitive and accurate answer.
Naiad

Antiforte wrote:

parallaxia wrote:

Antiforte wrote:

I'm sorry for being wrong.

However, despite my incorrect wording, I do stand by my intended message that genetics should not even be brought up if you are still talking about the 2xx BPM range.

It's an understandable concern, but ultimately misguided as I could easily say "oh, I've been stuck at 5 stars and 240 BPM bursts for three years, must be my genetic limit, might as well quit w".

In retrospect, I should have worded my last sentence this way: "You could say its genetics, but unless you're already streaming 350BPM you shouldn't really be considering it". A bit too long for my liking, but probably a more definitive and accurate answer.

I mean no need to be sorry, though I do expect that is satire. Also I think i'd argue that even at high 200's range, genetics matter, like 270+. But even if it doesn't, with genetics you'll have an easier time climbing to there.
MusicRitman

YamichanKawaii wrote:

how can u keep up with 225bpm?? I can't even stream 10 second with 160bpm

Bro. Try to train your stamina.
TheRealFalcom

Antiforte wrote:

I know I'm about a year late but could you list some of the slow finger control maps you've mentioned?
YuwaHimeko
No, and if you do need them plz make a new thread... don't necropost..