forum

Historical tab sorted by game mode (Profile)

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +19
Topic Starter
Lanturn
After 30 minutes of searching the forum, I couldn't find anything related to this feature so here it is.

The basic idea is that when players scroll down to the Historical tab in a player's profile; It shows the maps that player has played the most, (as well as replays and recently played) but it will show all the modes. It'll have tabs or something similar that will seperate each game mode, and have an All tab that will combine them just like how it does currently.

For example: With 333 plays on SONGNAME, A person may have played it 250 times on osu!, 50 times on Taiko, and 33 times on CTB. Having a tab option that would let you look through each of these and what that person's most played maps per mode.

Edit: So as it was suggested a few posts down, the tabs would probably look a lot better if it was placed at the top and applied to everything in the historical area and if it was applied to everything, including the graphs, the recent plays, and the persons replays.

The idea in a couple pics:

As this might not matter too much for a player who only really plays one mode; For other people who like to play multiple modes, this feature would really come in handy. With the release of mania, I kind of wanted to be able to see how many times I played a few maps on just that mode, which is why this idea popped in my head. (Edit: as well as being able to see what else I've done in each mode)
Aoko
This is a great suggestion. I have thinking about this before but to no avail, I haven't posted it xD. This is very useful.
theowest
and when it comes to the graph up there, this request could be very useful: t/18255/

or.. The game mode buttons could be above the graph, so the graph changes with the game mode, instead of showing them all in one graph. Which is what that request is suggesting.
Stefan
Great Idea how it could look. :D
+Support.
Topic Starter
Lanturn

theowest wrote:

and when it comes to the graph up there, this request could be very useful: t/18255/

or.. The game mode buttons could be above the graph, so the graph changes with the game mode, instead of showing them all in one graph. Which is what that request is suggesting.

That thread has some good ideas for graphs, and with the new design of it, but that of course is for that thread and not this, but I'd also love to see that implemented. (stacked bar ideas and such)

For what you said about putting the tabs above the graph though to apply to everything in the historical tab would be really nice. Which would make it turn out something like this:

This would probably work pretty well and I'm sure with the other threads idea for the graphs, the historical part on a profile could look pretty nice :)
Park-Hyun
Always wished this.
Support~
theowest
We already have buttons above these, but they don't change anything in the historical tab.

Instead of creating a new game selection for this history tab, why not change everything depending on the gamemode you have selected. Achievements could have its own place in each gamemode. What do you guys think?
Topic Starter
Lanturn

theowest wrote:

We already have buttons above these, but they don't change anything in the historical tab.

Instead of creating a new game selection for this history tab, why not change everything depending on the gamemode you have selected. Achievements could have its own place in each gamemode. What do you guys think?
It would be nice if it was an all in one button in this case. Those tabs already affect the General and Top Ranks tab. Beatmaps, Kudosu!, and Achievements have no reason to be sorted into a different category so it only just leaves the Historical tab.

If it does use the top, I would love for it to have an ALL tab where it combines everything, although it may make the general tab a little unappealing to some people's eyes since we don't really want to see what our combined rank score is. Maybe some kind of quick view for all modes would be like:

(Note that the in game score things I placed near the top is just an idea because in the ALL tab you'd want to see each score, doesn't need to be this image, could be just writing or something)

Also recent activity would change per mode, but remain how it is now when the ALL tab is selected?

Now for the top ranks.. For an all tab, maybe show like the top 3 of each mode? and first place... show a few as well

the achievements thing I really haven't looked much into... I'm guessing you could earn the bunny one multiple times based on game modes with your idea? sounds pretty interesting.

Let me know what you guys think about just having the tabs at the top change everything, and ideas for an "ALL" tab on the General, Top Ranks, and Achievements.

Might change the title of this thread for a third time if people generally like it.. :D
izzydemon
bumped

t/141981
Oinari-sama
Mode specific Recent Plays (Last 24h) has been added today:

Lanturn can you repost those pics if you still have them?
Topic Starter
Lanturn
Reposted I think. I don't even remember making this XD

Be nice to have though. :P