Should i make a map with this idea

Yes
50.00%
No, but i will respect the opinions of people who would enjoy this idea
50.00%
Total votes: 4
Topic Starter
Yukanna
If There was a mapset out there with 2 diffs. One thats syncing with vocals and another to the instrumental. I, of course will make this possible after im done with another thing with mapping but i would also like other mappers to join in on this idea becuase i think this will change osu mapping forever not just in standard but in other modes as well(taiko,mania,catch) what would you guys think of this? I obviously need some approval of this idea that popped up in my head.
p.s please be kind to eachother in the comments.
lewski
Sure, make a set with that idea if you want to. Representing the same song in different ways makes for good practice since it forces you to think about different aspects of the song.

But you won't "change mapping forever" with something like that. That's just arrogant.

First of all, sets like that get ranked all the time, no one just pays attention to them because there's nothing special about them. After all, it's really common for a set to have a guest diff with a focus that's considerably different from the set host's.

Even if we limit it to solo sets, you're definitely not the first one to have that idea, although I can't think of any examples off the top of my head. If it was as revolutionary as you described, there'd be tons of people doing it already. But it's not. People tend to have a more or less solid idea for how they want to represent a song, so changing that completely can be unintuitive, counterproductive, unfun, etc. Tons of sets have low diff GDs because it's hard to make yourself map the same song again.
Zelzatter Zero
osu! has been there for like 10 years, so if someone want to "change mapping forever", they already did.

RLC, Charles445, ProBox, Monstrata, 11t... These are just a few of lots of mappers that make the mapping scene like today.

iNIS-style (or 2007-style) maps mostly follows vocals, and most of map nowadays follows intrument. These are nothing new.

That doesn't mean I don't encourage you to do it with your idea, but with this kind of thought that you will change the whole mapping scene, I'm sorry, you won't achieve anything.

PS: Don't try do be so harsh to you, but just let you know how difficult (and almost impossible) it is to make your map at least being noticed. Just map more, and then you'll see.
Topic Starter
Yukanna

Uraomote Error wrote:

osu! has been there for like 10 years, so if someone want to "change mapping forever", they already did.

RLC, Charles445, ProBox, Monstrata, 11t... These are just a few of lots of mappers that make the mapping scene like today.

iNIS-style (or 2007-style) maps mostly follows vocals, and most of map nowadays follows intrument. These are nothing new.

That doesn't mean I don't encourage you to do it with your idea, but with this kind of thought that you will change the whole mapping scene, I'm sorry, you won't achieve anything.

PS: Don't try do be so harsh to you, but just let you know how difficult (and almost impossible) it is to make your map at least being noticed. Just map more, and then you'll see.

:)