forum

Animated Dancers/Ouendan for ur pleasure!

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
kideddie1501
:lol: this one time i was playing the beatmap "never gonna give you up 2" and i realized that it was really fun and it kept me more entertained than other beatmaps. i think that adding dancers or ouendan to osu! gameplay like in "nggyu2" makes the game a little more fun. it creates more of a similarity between ouendan/eba and osu! and it keeps the action going between music intervals when you wait to see if u got an O or X. The Pippy girl and ouendan's angry looking leader would be really cool too and they wud be assigned to skins like the EBA skin and the original OSU! skin. i just think it wud make gameplay a little more entertaining and...vibrant? :p
Behon
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
kideddie1501
uh, ok. whatever. pippy is kinda lame tho and theyre planning for 3d dancers. 2d animations like the ones in the beatmaps with the agents are good enough. i'd like to see that with the ouendan too. :|
An64fan
Animated dancers are on the to-do list already. I believe it was LuigiHann who was working on a Pippi model? It's been a while since I checked the topic. In any case, though, adding animated dancers, especially who react to how you click stuff, is a big thing to add, so you probably shouldn't expect to see this added anytime too soon.
LuigiHann
Glad to hear you liked the Chibi Agents than AWP and I designed. I've long supported adding some kind of 2D dancers in the meantime, but every time I talk about it, Loginer starts to pretend he'll be done with the 3D model soon. :p

Now that more maps are starting to actually make use of storyboarding, I'm not sure how we'd implement this without things getting in the way of other things, but I do plan to use the Chi.B.A. in more storyboards someday.
Topic Starter
kideddie1501
oh great. im glad because 3d dancers are something that not all players will have access 2. besides, chibis are pimp and the ones uve guys made have captures my heart. i'd like to see them ad default service someday if u cant use the 3ds. rite....i think i know enough to understand taking a picture of a 3d model made on a rendering program is wayyyy different than actually making them dance. :p:P:p:P :P
LuigiHann
MAN you should try to read the stuff you type.

Early on, peppy and I talked about implementing some "default storyboards" for songs with no SB or video, I'll see if there's still a place for something like that.

Download: ZUN - Night Sakura Of Dead Spirits (Elly-chan) [Copter-kun's Lunatic].osu
Topic Starter
kideddie1501
ok then