forum

Tablet users - what's your area setting?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Frizz

Gatyaa wrote:

Hai

After all this time you're still playing with the same small area?
I'm impressed.
Aqo
Gatyaa's spinning busted
Aquamarine
thanks Winber, I'm testing full area and so far it looks promising.
Is there a reason why I see in videos that most players hold their pen vertically? I usually tilt mine and with this new area some of my movements make my pen face nearly horizontal.
darkmiz

Saph1 wrote:

thanks Winber, I'm testing full area and so far it looks promising.
Is there a reason why I see in videos that most players hold their pen vertically? I usually tilt mine and with this new area some of my movements make my pen face nearly horizontal.
Depends on where you put your wrist, try putting it on the tablet.
theowest
90% full area on a 1680x1050 monitor. windowed 1440x900
Frizz

Aqo wrote:

Gatyaa's spinning busted
I'm not surprised at all really I've seen how he spins using tablet irl before.
Sorun
Went from Full to 50% to 80% back to Full area.

80% felt the best in my opinion, but after 2 days I decided to go back to Full since I spent weeks practicing on it.
Aquamarine
After experimenting with full area for a little bit I'd have to say small area is definitely faster. Testing diagonal jumps it felt like I was "waiting" for my full area cursor to get to my point. for a random BS number I'd say 25% faster. I'd say full area is more accurate... so the question to me is can a full tablet area get from the farest point A to point B within 50-150ms (AR11)?
does anyone know videos or maps with full tablet area people doing 10 AR maps with double time and hard rock?
can the best full-area players do AR9 + DT "Airman" jumps? if the best can't do AR9+DT then I'm staying small.
Liut
Cookiezi could fc everything and he used full area
get full area play like cookiezi
Hika
I occasionally switch from full to partially full in order to refrain from CTS.
CTS is not fun...
PhiLL A
full area master race
Aquamarine
after thinking about it, here's my thoughts. i'd like to hear some other thoughts toward it.

theoretical:

1. all that matters is getting from point A to point B within a certain time period. since notes must be clicked within a specific time frame the only thing we worry about is discovering where point A and B is. in this game it's the approach rate. notable approach rates are 300, 400, and 450ms.
http://puu.sh/ZHaC0

If larger area is easier to get better accuracy, then the best tablet area is the largest area at which one can move from the farthest point A to the farthest point B within the time period of: (300ms - your reaction time)

realistically:

1. getting from point A to B is not time-precise every time: if you need to react with 50ms, you can't react/read 50ms jumps every time. therefore, the "perfect tablet area" should be slightly smaller to allow time for more reaction.
2. you can not move your hand so-perfect-precise fast every time. if you expect to do that, then you should also expect to be able to to do perfect-precise moments in a small tablet area hitting every note. what this means is either you'd have to lower the "perfect tablet area" even more, or adapt with it and have less time to move from point a to point b. or in other words, full area vs not-full area.

my conclusion:

1. If you aim to be the best game-play wise, then I believe a small/medium area is better
2. if you aim for high rankings and still be a very good top player, then I believe a full area is better.
Full Tablet
Full Tablet area master race.
buny

Liutprando wrote:

cookiezi also played in window mode.
winber1

Saph1 wrote:

after thinking about it, here's my thoughts. i'd like to hear some other thoughts toward it.

theoretical:

1. all that matters is getting from point A to point B within a certain time period. since notes must be clicked within a specific time frame the only thing we worry about is discovering where point A and B is. in this game it's the approach rate. notable approach rates are 300, 400, and 450ms.
http://puu.sh/ZHaC0

If larger area is easier to get better accuracy, then the best tablet area is the largest area at which one can move from the farthest point A to the farthest point B within the time period of: (300ms - your reaction time)

realistically:

1. getting from point A to B is not time-precise every time: if you need to react with 50ms, you can't react/read 50ms jumps every time. therefore, the "perfect tablet area" should be slightly smaller to allow time for more reaction.
2. you can not move your hand so-perfect-precise fast every time. if you expect to do that, then you should also expect to be able to to do perfect-precise moments in a small tablet area hitting every note. what this means is either you'd have to lower the "perfect tablet area" even more, or adapt with it and have less time to move from point a to point b. or in other words, full area vs not-full area.

my conclusion:

1. If you aim to be the best game-play wise, then I believe a small/medium area is better
2. if you aim for high rankings and still be a very good top player, then I believe a full area is better.
Look, I'm not going to give any numbers, but basically, the difference in the amount of time it takes to get from point A to point B on full vs. on a smaller area is minimal. Once you get used to full tablet area, the physical limitations of your finger speed and your reaction time will not match up with the differences in movement speed of full tablet vs smaller area.

As for smaller tablet area, there are somewhat noticeable physical limitations of how accurate you can be.

But either way, the players themselves should decide for themselves. Some people just fail at full tablet, like me, and thus I don't use full tablet. Cookiezi uses full tablet, still the best player, AND WILL ALWAYS BE IN MY MIND. NO ONE COMPARES. GTFO NEWB WANNABES
darkmiz

MxG PhiLL wrote:

full area master race
Liut

buny wrote:

Liutprando wrote:

cookiezi also played in window mode.
get window mode, play like cookiezi.
JMC
full area (wacom bamboo) and full screen (1440x900) and i still enjoy DT on hard diff
PhiLL A
i thought everybody played in window mode? well, windowed fullscreen. close enough
Blaziken
Screen Resolution : 1440x900 Osu! Resolution : 800x600
Xaffy
Full area master race obv.
CXu
Heibel
ScBw1995
http://puu.sh/1KMkS
don´t know how much % i use from my tablet area ^^
JappyBabes
^necro but w/e, contributing: http://puu.sh/1CnNN 1.6" x 1" 1680x1050 fullscreen \:D/
she_old
Full area with force proportions masterrace
Mints
cant play with full area ~.~
Aqo
Kert

1920x1080 fullscreen
Naikaze

Still mini
Park-Hyun
Sorun

Aqo wrote: