forum

[duplicate] [invalid] Kudosu Trade to Suptag

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +48
Topic Starter
RiP46
its been years since v2 modding system implemented but the available kudosu is seems to be worthless.

can we make a trade system of 250 kudosu / 500 kudosu into 1 month suptag or something so I could dump out all of my available kudosu?
Zelzatter Zero
I support this idea. Modding v2 allows people to get more kudosu than ever but since you can't shoot star priority anymore (like in modding v1) so those kudosu you get seems too worthless. Supporter tag is not recommended cuz it would be against its original purpose but I hope it will be, somehow?
Topic Starter
RiP46
Welp that's true...

How about 1000 Kudosu = 1 Title like a "Novice Mapper" ?

Not as good as "elite mapper" that you obtain from winning contest but that would be cool
TicClick
while the previous system required you to mod from 125 to 250 maps (200 on average [1]) to receive 250 kudosu, making multiple suggestions in the same post for every map, the ease with which kudosu are obtained nowadays suggests these titles and/or supporter tags are going to be inflated.

[1] you could get 2 kudosu for posting in a thread that hasn't been replied to for a relatively long time, but these were relatively rare, so.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Even though calculating how much old mod worth in term of kudosu and coming up with prizes and prices for them can be tough, I still think that the idea of trading kudosu for rewards is interesting, and necessary. Standard doesn't really have this problem as far as I have seen on the modding forum, but for other modes, getting mods for the mappers' maps can be tedious and really hard, mostly because there is hardly any active queue in the forum.

Take mania as an example, being the 2nd biggest mode in the game, but people are still struggling to get mods. As seen in the survey in this thread, the second biggest reason why mania only have like a few maps ranked per week, or even at the hardest time, none, is because mappers, both regular and new, can't get enough mods. The lack of modding queues for mania is at an alarming level, for as at the moment that I'm writing this, there is literally no opened mania queue on the first page, and on the second page, there is one normal mania queue with 1 M4M queue and 2 more hitsounding queue.

Quoting myself from here, as a modder myself for 3 years, and also after talking to many people who have been modding before, getting too many requests really affect us modders. It is pretty much a common thing for modders to get burnt out when receiving tons of requests every time you open your queue, and the fact that the whole modding thing is a charity work doesn’t really give us that much motivation, even though we want to help others too. And I definitely think that adding this option or something related to it can helps this situation immensely.
abraker
Flanster
That's just asking for kudosu abuse yo
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
That would be the case if the rewards are truly valuable like supporter or such, but things like trading kudosu for hypes for your maps or small comestic options can be an option - not exactly that valuable, but it's still something (there's no way kudosu for hypes can be abused, considering how much of a joke it is already rn, and that this is literally the star priority system, but in hypes). Something small like these can encourages modders to, you know, mod more considering the prize they get now would improve from just mere numbers to something encouraging.
Topic Starter
RiP46
Welp, I guess Kudosu will always be a worthless number after all.

Might as well delete the "kudosu available" since star priority is no longer relevant.
TicClick

RiP46 wrote:

Welp, I guess Kudosu will always be a worthless number after all.
Might as well delete the "kudosu available" since star priority is no longer relevant.

I sense bitterness.

it's a number to some degree correlating with your contribution to other people's maps. just like a number of friends, or a number of posts on the web forum, it serves some purpose, but can and will be abused, given possibility. one of few, if not the only, environments where it performs well is where making a bigger contribution takes a proportionally larger amount of time and/or effort (see: github issues with bounty awarded for a contributor-authored fix). as for the current design of modding system, the best you can get away with could be a profile achievement, like that for getting a certain rank, or the ability to "hype" your map, and even then, it could be misused.