forum

How to add new beatmap to existing mapset

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Vmxplousion
Someone probably has already asked this. I have uploaded a map and decided to make a new difficulty and also a mania version. Being as dumb as I am I've got no clue how to upload a new version to the current mapset.
I'm sorry I know I'm dumb
pls sorry, for real, sorry to had bothered you

Edit: I figured it out but I think now I have to restart everything from scratch right? I can't copy paste between maps right?

sorry
lewski
You can copy and paste between difficulties in the same set. Just copy the objects in one diff, switch to another diff with Ctrl+O, and paste them. You also don't even need to start from scratch: When you make a new diff in a set, the editor asks you "Would you like to clear all ojects and start fresh?" If you answer no, you'll get a new diff with all the objects from the original diff. If you make a mania diff, though, you have to start from scratch since standard maps just don't convert to mania properly.

After you've made the diff, you can just upload the map the exact same way you uploaded it the first time and the new diff will be included in the set.

Don't worry about asking questions, you asked this question in the right place and no one is forced to respond or even read the post. You aren't bothering anyone, it's fine. Needing help doesn't make you dumb either.
Endaris
You can copypaste between maps by opening the .osu file of the respective diff in notepad and copying the hitobjects over. (File -> Open .osu in Notepad)
There's a section introduced by "[HitObjects]" so by copying over everything from that into your new difficulty should transfer it.
Topic Starter
Vmxplousion
thank you guys for your help, it's still too complicated for me, because I didn't made anew difficlty, actually I've made an entire new mapset, which is why I had to restart. Hopefully it turned out better.

Really, thank you