forum

Hotkey for toggling Background Video in Options [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
If there is one, please tell me, because it gets kind of annoying when I need to disable Background Video for modding and mapping, but sometimes I want to turn videos back on when I'm playing, and I forget to go into options. How many times I've been damn it, well i'm already in a multiplayer game, so I guess i'll have to choose to give up master or play without the video the entire session.

It's just annoying to keep going back and forth into the options to check Background Video.

I'm not sure what key press, anything would work. Ctrl-Alt-V for example
deadbeat
theres a option in the editor to view/hide the video if that helps?
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
It does not. That only disables it during test mode. The video still plays while scrolling through the editor. Scrolling through the editor eats up a LOT more resources when a video is playing in the background. I basically disable the video when I'm mapping, because my RAM tends to fill up at a much quicker rate when the video has to reload whenever I go from test mode back into the editor, and scrolling through it.
theowest
I've never noticed this because I've already turned background video off in options. I guess you could do the same.
deadbeat
really...i just tested it and it didn't show the video while i was messing around in the editor ._.
peppy
It shouldn't show the video in the editor. I can't replicate this.
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
oh duh I got it backwards. Show Video disables the video in the editor, but it still plays during test mode which lags me so much I can't properly mod the map or know whether my pattern plays well or not. If it disabled video in both the editing window and during test mode I would be happy with that alternative as well. But overall it would be easier to have a hotkey where you can disable/enable videos on any screen.
peppy
I have modified the editor toggle to also apply to test mode. Does this resolve your issue?
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
Yes. That pretty much removes my gripes. I just wanted a way for me to be able to play videos during playing, and not be able to worry about RAM concerns and/or ability to play without lag while making/testing maps. Thanks.

It shouldn't load the video if it's disabled right? When show video is off, will it still need to load it into RAM upon testing?
peppy
It does not load the video. It does not load the video into RAM either way, and takes up at most around 5 frame buffers, which should not cause a RAM issue.