forum

[invalid] Osu Replay History

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Anduin1357
I have a request to make for osu utility developers.

I realize that nobody cares about their earliest plays where maybe they are still terrible at the game and were just starting out.
Now that I want to look back and wonder at just how bad I was...
I realize I have zero replays to commiserate on those days.

So please, I would like to make this request for any kind of utility that keeps some, or all replays from completed games. Preferably configurable.

Each replay has a size measured in less than 100 KB for most beatmaps, so there should be no problems for those who want to keep a history of all their plays on their local machine.

Some analysis can be made on the replays for skill training purposes etc. and I think that this could be a valuable addition to osu as a community utility.
Death
All replays are already automatically saved locally, they are stored in a hidden Data\r folder inside your osu! folder. You can also explicitly save replays on the results screen by hitting F2 if you so desire.
Topic Starter
Anduin1357

Death wrote:

All replays are already automatically saved locally, they are stored in a hidden Data\r folder inside your osu! folder. You can also explicitly save replays on the results screen by hitting F2 if you so desire.

Thanks for pointing that out!
However, the replays there have hashed file names which isn't human readable anyway.

In which case, if osu! already has an inbuilt store of replays, there isn't an inbuilt history list for replays.
Maybe a feature for osu!lazer.
Death
You can sort by date and load the replay into the game quickly to figure out which map it is from, shouldn't be too much more effort. If you are going to analyze the replay, you are going to need to have the game open anyway.