forum

Question about timing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ignitone
I'm new to mapping, and the first thing I've noticed is I *suck* at timing. I don't understand it, and with how often this song seems to change timing, I'm finding it difficult to figure it out in the editor. There's another ranked map that uses the same song I do, and I was wondering if I can just copy his timing? So he has it set at 177 bpm and it changes throughout the song. I don't see why I can't just take it from him, but I don't want it to come out in the ranking/modding process and I just get in trouble for it. Eventually, I do want to learn timing myself, but I'd like to leave that as a later lesson.

Also, to clarify, I know I can't take other things from his map, this would be the only thing. He just stopped making maps after a certain difficulty for standard, and I want there to be more options of a higher difficulty.
-nub
This video might help

As for copying someone else's timing, it's usually fine if the song has around 1 bpm or more. But if it's variable (bpm changes constantly) it's best to ask first since that usually takes a lot of time
Topic Starter
Ignitone

Anderzay wrote:

This video might help

As for copying someone else's timing, it's usually fine if the song has around 1 bpm or more. But if it's variable (bpm changes constantly) it's best to ask first since that usually takes a lot of time

Thanks so much! The map is Party in the HOLLOWood, mapped by "eiri-" I dont know what's really considered a lot, it just bounces back and forth a lot it seems. Like I said, I'm new to this and don't really understand it.

Map:
https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/819349#osu/1717851
termi330
Yeah copying timing isn't bad thing, but remember to don't copy objects, because it is not tolerate, u can even get banned for this.