forum

[resolved] catcher often stops moving in osu! catch since last update

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LyronXXX
Problem details: I'm experiencing "catcher-lags" in osu! catch ever since the last update.
With that I mean that the player character just stops moving irregularly where he should just walk or dash to the left or right.

A video showing the issue can be found here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g5MGmNMUcQ
[YouTube]8g5MGmNMUcQ[/YouTube]

osu! version: Stable 20200304.1
Internet is stable, inputs do work in other games or even other mods like taiko or mania.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: Originally thought this was a lag.
Death
You tried restarting your computer?

Hit Ctrl+F11 to reveal a frametime graph and then either get a video showing the lag with that graph displayed or try and get a screenshot of it right after you get a lag spike (you can take a picture with Shift+F12).
Topic Starter
LyronXXX
Updated the description and added a video link to help understand this problem.

Originally thought this was just a lag, but it seems like the player character just stops moving for no reason.

Restarting the computer did not help.
Death
What keys are you using to move?

Can you try closing anything you don't need to have open for the game to function properly? Especially anything that might be putting an overlay on the game (like Discord) or otherwise taking focus away from the game.

In the video you posted, if you look carefully at the key overlay on the right hand side, all of the times you stop moving or think you are supposed to be moving, the your keys are not actually being pressed. Meaning either your keys are not registering at all for whatever reason, or something is preventing osu! from capturing your input.
Topic Starter
LyronXXX
guess I played catch the beat until my keyboard broke
(which coincidentally happend exactly at update time)

I tried different keys for my movements and it works perfectly fine now.
PROspeedruner
I got this same problem and this is only happening in stable and all other modes like mania work, just osu!Catch does not work. I have tried for about 3-4 months, please help!
Lyawi
please don't bump old threads. instead, create a new thread here: community/forums/5