forum

[duplicate] Similar songs/Players' recommendations option.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
ConanHuynh
I know you can search for songs, and you can narrow your search with title, rating, plays, etc. But what if you want to search a different way? Let's say you enjoyed a song you just played. You look at several beatmaps on the website, but nothing comes to mind. Why not have songs similar to the one you just played ready at the end of the song? Instead of searching everywhere, other players can recommend songs similar to the one you just played. After the song is done, there is an option to hover or click somewhere and see a list of similar songs/players' recommendations.

Just a thought.
theowest
something I've thought of too, but I fear it would be complicated to implement.
Saten
Like Youtube Recommendations, but with beatmaps instead.

But yeah, It's kinda complicated. And it'll probably give you wrong ones most of the time.

Well, the genre can be a thing though. (maybe)
jemhuntr
some suggestions on how to find similar maps:

find maps according to source. For example, it shows you songs that are both from the same anime, or the same music game.

According to language. It's weird if you played vocaloid and osu! suggested you a k-pop, right?

According to genre. Genres group similar maps.

According to artist. Really helpful especially when the artist is well-known.

Hmm... What else... Similar maps will be sorted according to how many factors match with those criteria.
theowest
you can already search for most of that stuff already
Drafura
The way to find the suggested maps could be via tags. Well I don't think it's really necessary, cause if you like the map for the mapper you can already search for the mapper and if you like the music (artist, genre, etc...) you can do it too...
jemhuntr

theowest wrote:

you can already search for most of that stuff already
In-game? You could search. But osu! doesn't automatically tell you if it's similar to what you just played.
theowest
I'm saying it would be easier for you just to find these things yourself than having peppy implementing this request.

edit: but wait a minute! what is this: