forum

osu! World Cup #3 (Concluded - Korea wins)

posted
Total Posts
show more
peppy
Every OWC match so far where someone has failed would have resulted in the same outcome if they didn't fail (go and check if you don't believe me). And of course, not every one of these fails would have been able to reach recovery again (it's quite hard with high HP drain). Recovery will only make matches closer. Now when players fail, we can look forward to seeing whether they recover and contribute the (low) score they did achieve or fail to do so.

Also for what is is worth, recovery was supposed to be implemented and working before OWC started - I discussed this with Loctav - but the fact it was bugging for Team VS was kept under the covers until I found out half-way through. I have no intention of removing recovery again. Please move discussion of this to another thread (feature request, toggle recovery off) so it doesn't clog up this one.
KRZY

peppy wrote:

Every OWC match so far where someone has failed would have resulted in the same outcome if they didn't fail (go and check if you don't believe me). And of course, not every one of these fails would have been able to reach recovery again (it's quite hard with high HP drain). Recovery will only make matches closer. Now when players fail, we can look forward to seeing whether they recover and contribute the (low) score they did achieve or fail to do so.

Also for what is is worth, recovery was supposed to be implemented and working before OWC started - I discussed this with Loctav - but the fact it was bugging for Team VS was kept under the covers until I found out half-way through. I have no intention of removing recovery again. Please move discussion of this to another thread (feature request, toggle recovery off) so it doesn't clog up this one.
Does this mean recovered scores will count to total team score from now on?
Wishy
Apparently.
Makar
Korea vs Uruguay
Result: 4:0 (Korea win) - MP Link - Screenshot - Stream

Goodjob guys~
deadbeat
shock horror gasp. korea won :p
also why no mp link?
Makar
Whoops, added.
Cyclohexane
About the whole recovery thing, I effectively knew that it didn't recover on team VS matches, but I actually thought that was intended, of course I would've informed peppy earlier if I knew it wasn't.

Anyway, congratulations to Korea, good game Uruguay.
Next match is China v. Australia, tomorrow 9AM UTC. I'll be there to comment the stream.
Wishy
Uruguay lost with HONOR almost getting a point out of Korea on the last map.

They are the true winners and champions.
KRZY
Acknowledgement to maay and the rest of the Uruguayan team for being a great sport! Real fun games lol Enjoy your birthday Z e o n~
Snepif
Last map was so close :3 wish i hadn't missed :c

Oh and was fun too KRZY :D specially the tag LOL
YodaSnipe

Wishy wrote:

Uruguay lost with HONOR almost getting a point out of Korea on the last map.

They are the true winners and champions.
this.

I really am still upset that Canada and Korea weren't in the same pool this year :(
I wanted to score a point against them again ;)
ztrot
I shouldn't be dying enough to stream sat match, not sure you will get much talking out of me tho XD
kriers
hi greentrot
YodaSnipe
greentrot strikes!

8-) It's snowing in Canada. Prepare for awesome. 8-)
Krackling

YodaSnipe wrote:

8-) It's snowing in Canada. Prepare for awesome. 8-)
Now that team JB in their natural habitat, we will expect much better play from now on
Mismagius
team Michel Teló is coming

NOSSA, NOSSA

AUEHUHAEUEAHUEAHUAEHEAUAHEU
lSolar_old
huehue
Varetyr
Oh god, from now on I'm supporting brazil. rofl
Cyclohexane
We can deal without infidels.
MouseEasy
lolol go Brazil! :) :) :D
Noob Man

Varetyr wrote:

Oh god, from now on I'm supporting brazil. rofl
May you eat only english food for now on.
Without dying.
Hard task, I know, but you may be able to achieve it, traitor.
Varetyr
Not supporting Brazil anymore, I don't want to die :<
(Wow, 20min. of supporting, nice score I guess)
CXu
Someone should add all team banners to the OP post or something so we can look at all of them at the same place.
fabriciorby

CXu wrote:

Someone should add all team banners to the OP post or something so we can look at all of them at the same place.
assim vc me mata
kriers
I have never seen this idol before but I'm really starting to hate that smile
fabriciorby

kriers wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/40334
are you kiddingggggggggggggg
kriers
I also hadn't heard about Rihanna or Beyonce before late 2010. I am an expert at this.
TCN
wow dat pedo smile
XPJ38
why isn't there any HUEHUEHUEHUEHEUHEUHEUE in that banner

Seriously, that's what represent BR the most.
Macacito

fabriciorby wrote:

kriers wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/40334
are you kiddingggggggggggggg
1st place
Vish024

kriers wrote:

You could think of 300 better mascots for Brazil but they just had to choose that thing.

Anyway, best of luck to the teams playing tonight. I want cubes on commentary again.
JappyBabes

CXu wrote:

But Aus doesn't have one :<
Kanye West

JappyBabes wrote:

CXu wrote:

But Aus doesn't have one :<
Then make one.
Sorun
Aus banner should have Zyzz in it with "Veni, vidi, vici".
XPJ38
Put some of these clichés in your banner, and it should be just fine.

Australians clichés wrote:

* every living thing in Australia can kill you in less than a minute, and they are everywhere you go.
* full of cute cuddly animals
* everyone practically lives at the beach.
* everyone is descended from convicts
* one huge desert
* they're all a bunch of racists
* people live in the middle of nowhere and ride kangaroos to work
* still governed by england
* sports crazy
* everyone knows how to play a didgeridoo and throw a boomerang
* no internet access anywhere
* just like america with a strange accent
* they call america "up over"
Vish024
We already have our mascot. This guy is the perfect expression of the Australian nation and its constituents.

maay
a bit late but yeah, thanks to KRZY and the whole korean team for a great match, gg wp
Arasudoru
Wow!! Every player go go go !!!!! ;)
lSolar_old
gogo telós
NonxE
http://osu.ppy.sh/mp/5229686 For the first 5 Maps

http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/510659 For the last match

GG Latvia Very close game.
show more