forum

osu! World Cup #3 (Concluded - Korea wins)

posted
Total Posts
show more
fabriciorby

YodaSnipe wrote:

fabriciorby wrote:

yoda we have a problem
*stareeeee*
pvt
Vish024
DST is on here. It extends our Eastern-most timezone to GMT+11. Most of our players are in this zone I believe.

It's just so Australian to be lazy and have things postponed.
Haruka_old
The schedule is now updated with the Australia vs. Hong Kong match. :D
Vish024
Cheers mate.
Kanye West
I hope Mr Color commentates Canada vs NL, the rage commentary gon be gud
Totoro
When can i see Korea vs Malaysia in my time zone? (GMT -5)
Mythol
7AM
Tsukimi Luna
Its 8pm (GMT+8) so thats 7AM(GMT-5)
thelewa
I have a suggestion to make about the format of the match times. The schedulers use PM and AM even at times when they aren't supposed to be used, causing great confusion. For example, the match time for Finland says 12pm, you're never supposed to use post meridiem at 12.00, because it's exactly noon. This could cause a lesser minded being some mild confusion, causing him to think that there was a match going on 12 hours off the actual time.

Actually, why are you not using 24h format, would make things more simple.

edit: alternatively just add "(noon)" or "(midnight)" next to match times that require it.

wait a minute you actually did use it

it was right next to the pm/am times

wow
winber1
SHIT'S GETTIN REAL
YodaSnipe

thelewa wrote:

wait a minute you actually did use it

it was right next to the pm/am times

wow
what's sad is that I know people that don't know the 24 hour clock LOL.

Edit: Also, how does this work?
5-1. In Group stage, 'Win by default' will be considered as win by 3:0, +1.0 score difference ratio.
Wishy
There may be a case where there's a draw between 3 teams on the same group. In that case you decide which are the top 2 teams by looking at their win vs loss ratio (how many maps they won, how many maps the lose). Guess you understand this far, then if you win some match by walk over (your opponent not presenting) you'll get a full win, meaning 4-0. Guess that's how it is.
TCN
Friday
New Zealand (E:3) vs. Turkey (E:4) 22:00 (+0) [10pm] 11:00 (+13) [11am] 0:00 (+2) [12am]
wtf.. I'm sure we scheduled for Saturday (well that's what deadbeat told me :/)
Xakyrie
^Your match has been scheduled for Friday, November 23rd @ 22:00 UTC. This is at (+0) GMT. If you notice, (look at the column/row depending on which spreadsheet for your team), New Zealand is located in the +13/-11 timezone (as deadbeat had mentioned, +13 is more accurate to use because technically you guys are ahead in regards to time than the rest of the world. However -11 is still a viable way to calculate the appropriate time, but I'm going to keep this explanation to the point and not explain this). +13 of 22:00 moves the match in your time over the midnight mark; essentially your match is at 11am on Saturday, November 24th. If you look at the Group Format spreadsheet, you will see that the time listed is morning of the 24th @ 11:00 GMT (+13).

statementreply wrote:

Time (GMT) is quite confusing since GMT means essentially UTC for non-scientific usage. Time (Local) would be better.
Good suggestion, although I specifically said not to post suggestions here but rather through forum or irc PM :P We'll most likely choose to use this method now and for next time.
XPJ38

Xakyrie wrote:

New Zealand is located in the +13/-11 timezone
Wow how convenient
TCN

Xakyrie wrote:

^Your match has been scheduled for Friday, November 25th @ 22:00 UTC. This is at (+0) GMT. If you notice, (look at the column/row depending on which spreadsheet for your team), New Zealand is located in the +13/-11 timezone (as deadbeat had mentioned, +13 is more accurate to use because technically you guys are ahead in regards to time than the rest of the world. However -11 is still a viable way to calculate the appropriate time, but I'm going to keep this explanation to the point and not explain this). +13 of 22:00 moves the match in your time over the midnight mark; essentially your match is at 11am on Saturday, November 24th. If you look at the Group Format spreadsheet, you will see that the time listed is morning of the 24th @ 11:00 GMT (+13).
Oh lol
I'm so stupid >_<
Tesu
well goodluck players
Tsukimi Luna
25th november is a sunday not a friday...
I hope u didnt mix things up there
Xakyrie
Oops, yeah you're right. I meant the 23rd. He knows what I mean though. The match is definitely set on friday; the chronological format is ordered properly since they're under headers. I sometimes mix up the dates since I've been typing the same thing over and over again, so please understand that I may forget where and when to fix my times, lol. This is obviously evident in the group format if there's any mistake (which I recall there shouldn't be; I went over it several times).
Yarissa
I'm still in for the USA team?

Don't hold me responsible if everyone is missing and you guys want me to play; I'm in cambodia lol.
Derekku

Kaoru wrote:

I'm still in for the USA team?

Don't hold me responsible if everyone is missing and you guys want me to play; I'm in cambodia lol.
Well you said you would be home after December 11th, so yeah. :p

You should be back in time for the end of the group stage or the round of 16, probably!
Valentiino
Informed all the commentators~
Topic Starter
Loctav
Some of you failed to read: p/1911105

Loctav wrote:

If you don't agree with the way this tournament is held, you are free to leave and give the lead to someone else or disbanded the team.
Any crying will be deleted from now on. Complaints are ignored, suggestions can be sent in via PM and are appreciated.
Call this censorship, but you know where the door is.
Removed stupid posts. Logged them. Next time, I'll do an infringement rain.
Vish024

LaVolpe024 wrote:

Looking forward to an entertaining tournament. Good luck to the teams in the opening game.
Emaal

Loctav wrote:

You all failed to read: p/1911105

Loctav wrote:

If you don't agree with the way this tournament is held, you are free to leave and give the lead to someone else or disbanded the team.
Any crying will be deleted from now on. Complaints are ignored, suggestions can be sent in via PM and are appreciated.
Call this censorship, but you know where the door is.
Removed stupid posts. Logged them. Next time, I'll do an infringement rain.
please use the word "all" properly, since some of us, actually didn't say anything against it, but tried to help you guys.

other than that, I agree with lavolpe!
Topic Starter
Loctav
Changed.
Emaal

Loctav wrote:

Changed.
<3
Good luck to all the teams playing today! :D
LoGo
Can someone answer how next games will be matched? Now it is 1vs2 3vs4 and then...?
Topic Starter
Loctav

LoGo wrote:

Can someone answer how next games will be matched? Now it is 1vs2 3vs4 and then...?
1v2, 3v4
1v3, 2v4
1v4, 2v3
ethox
Ahh, the first match has way better timing than I expected. Now I can wake up, fetch beer from my local store and immediately begin to wait the ensuing drama of our match.

Good luck and remember to have fun.

if you don't drop us before play-offs I will start playing and heads start droppin', so hit us while we're weak
thelewa

ethox wrote:

if you don't drop us before play-offs I will start playing and heads start droppin', so hit us while we're weak
CXu

Loctav wrote:

Subject: 2013 osu! World Cup (Group Stage 1-1)

CXu wrote:

I don't have anything against all this scheduling thing and whatnot (since hey, I'm not the captain \o\), but why aren't we even allowed to complain if there is something we don't agree with?
You feed the trolls. Do complaints and suggestions via PM.
COmplaints are useless if you fail to bring along an appropriate solution.
Removed post.
Excuse me, but can you please elaborate why my post was deleted again? Complaining? Feeding trolls?
I didn't do either of those; all I did was asking a legitimate question I believe anyone reading these forums may benefit from.

Also, while complaints in itself is pretty useless, they do help bringing issues to light, which means that the chances to reach an appropriate solution is higher.
Yes, I'm using the forums, and no, please don't delete my post, thank you.
kerokerem
turkey rank is 1st
Mismagius
NZ wins against Turkey 4:1
http://osu.ppy.sh/mp/5145560
TCN
Nice nz \o/
Makar
Congrats NZ~
XPJ38
Screenshot of the match history for posterity.

And gratz NZ :)
CXu
Good work to both teams, and congratulations NZ!
Metro
buny carried NZ.
threenash
gg NZ and Turkey
gratz to NZ
show more