forum

osu! World Cup #3 (Concluded - Korea wins)

posted
Total Posts
show more
BrokenArrow
Good luck to all participants!
zozozofun

BrokenArrow wrote:

Good luck to all participants!
<3
kawaii_old
GL to all!
Derekku
Looks like we're not having 40 teams this year :v

And yeah, I also agree with changing the group rounds to 'best of 7' and later rounds to bo9/bo11. I mean, it makes things a bit more fair, lets everyone play more, and it doesn't take much more time!
Failed
:Failed(Captain), Nana Tan,Gyuunyu,Cloudio-San, Kawaii, Slizzer95

Timezone: UTC+01:00
YodaSnipe
Kriers commentator.

. . .

. . .

POOT YEAH!
Vish024
I wouldn't mind joining commentary. Then again my satirical jokes would probably piss everyone off to an extent where I'm receiving death threats.
Kanye West

YodaSnipe wrote:

Kriers commentator.

. . .

. . .

POOT YEAH!
kriers commentary will be the only reason to watch streams.
YodaSnipe

LaVolpe024 wrote:

I wouldn't mind joining commentary. Then again my satirical jokes would probably piss everyone off to an extent where I'm receiving death threats.
Sounds like it'd be worth listening to then :P

Kanye West wrote:

kriers commentary will be the only reason to watch streams.
You know it. :)
Tsukimi Luna
OWC 2013 /o/
Cant wait ><

Go! Malaysia ><

I was wondering where will the replays/recordings be uploaded?
Wishy
You will be able to watch a live stream of every match (ideally). After that those streamed videos will probably be saved on Twitch TV or something so you'll be able to watch them there even after they happened.
Frostmourne
good to hear that ! so I can watch them when i wont be in my country in some days

but still live stream is the best T.T
Totoki
i signed up as a cheerleader, why can't we have cheerleaders? (´Д`)
Lilabloom

Wishy wrote:

You will be able to watch a live stream of every match (ideally). After that those streamed videos will probably be saved on Twitch TV or something so you'll be able to watch them there even after they happened.
a request then, could you perhaps update the 1st thread, with both the livestream link and link to those matches there already have been played (with the names of which country who played against who). so we have a chance to actually see it / follow it...

simply a request, however. would still be a help
Wishy
Guess they could do that if they're using Twitch TV or any of those sites where you can get a fixed link.
LoGo
Latvia's final member list
Captain: LoGo
Player 2: Forseen
Player 3: Vmx
Player 4: nomen
Backup 1: NewNyuu
Backup 2: PyramidX
KRZY
BO11 is a bit too much I think. I'm personally content with the way it is right now tho. BO9 should be tough, but playable I guess.
fartownik
Attention all the participants. The date of the tournament's beginning has been moved to 23th of November (Friday). The first tournament matches will be played that day. Still, if your team won't be able to be fully online that time (from a very serious reason), you will be able to play a week later as it was previously set. It applies only for the first round, we think there's nothing to wait an another week.

The groupstage drawings will happen after or at 9th of November, after all the teams fill their sheets. The mappool for the first round will be announced at 16th of November (Friday).

We also decided to change the playing system a bit. The BO ("Best of") number will be raised:

- from BO5 to BO7 in groupstage (you have to win at least 4 maps to win the match)
- from BO7 to BO9 in quarter-finals (you have to win at least 5 maps to win the match)
- from BO9 to BO11 in semi-finals and finals (you have to win at least 6 maps to win the match)

We think it will be more fair for the participants and will provide more exciting matches.

The amount of beatmaps in the pool will not change, but the beatmap selecting will.
From now on, the players are able to pick 1 map from each mod-restricted bracket during the match. The choice for nomod maps stays unlimited. In other words, you can choose at maximum: 1 hidden map, 1 hardrock map and 1 doubletime map during the match.

Loctav is busy at the moment so he will update the first post after 9th of November.
YodaSnipe

fartownik wrote:

- from BO5 to BO7 in groupstage (you have to win at least 4 maps to win the match)
- from BO7 to BO9 in quarter-finals (you have to win at least 5 maps to win the match)
- from BO9 to BO11 in semi-finals and finals (you have to win at least 6 maps to win the match)
Good stuff.

fartownik wrote:

From now on, the players are able to pick 1 map from each mod-restricted bracket during the match. The choice for nomod maps stays unlimited. In other words, you can choose at maximum: 1 hidden map, 1 hardrock map and 1 doubletime map during the match.
Assuming there are more than 1 mod-type map (e.g. 2+ HD/HR/DT maps), and Team A picks DT map X. Can Team B pick DT map Y? (X and Y being different maps in the DT map setlist ofc)
fartownik

YodaSnipe wrote:

fartownik wrote:

Good stuff.

fartownik wrote:

Assuming there are more than 1 mod-type map (e.g. 2+ HD/HR/DT maps), and Team A picks DT map X. Can Team B pick DT map Y? (X and Y being different maps in the DT map setlist ofc)
Yes, Team B can also pick map Y. The map choosing stays restricted for the maps only, not for entire brackets.
Derekku
What about the Round of 16 between the group stage and the quarterfinals? Will that also be BO9?
YodaSnipe
Seeing as they did semi/finals as bo11, I bet he meant to do quarters/16s as bo9.
Topic Starter
Loctav
Quaterfinals/Round of 16 have the same amount of max. matches
Finals and Semifinals are treated equally here, too. The match for the 3rd place belongs also to the finals.
Alumetorz
Austria + Luxembourg Team:

Captain: Alumetor (probably gonna change)
#1: -Lennox-
#2: Snowball
#3: Omgfzor
#4: Hakkero
#5: IceYoshi (Luxembourg)
#6: novaaa (Not sure about this one)
#7: Fresh D

GMT + 1

The order has no meaning, and I don't know yet who's gonna be the captain, so it will probably change.
JonnyThatJonny
Excuse the team change, creativ was probably drunk on his last update:

Captain: creativ
#2: Pereira006
#3: makkura
#4: Maraiga

GMT +0 (atleast for non azoreans, makkura and Pereira are GMT -1 heheh)

Other 4 players coming soon in a week or so (we're still having qualifiers). But those 4 are already "qualified" and in for sure as the main 4. Sorry for the re-re-post again.
maay
updating team Uruguay:

captain: maay
#2 AlrdyExists
#3 Z e o n
#4 Snepif
#5 sevas-tra
#6 H1ko
#7 W a r g
420Guy

LoGo wrote:

Latvia's final member list
Captain: LoGo
Player 2: Forseen
Player 3: Vmx
Player 4: nomen
Backup 1: NewNyuu
Backup 2: PyramidX

LATVIA! \o/
Sangni
Hey here are new two players for Team China

#7:Tachibana Isana
#8:Sora

Now we have 8 players, finally.
Topic Starter
Loctav
Drawings will be at night, 10th November 00.00-01.00am midnight UTC (GMT+0).

Also #owc is open now. Feel free to discuss everything there.
Updating OP tonight, too
deadbeat
why is poyo still in the New Zealand team. I've mention that he's not taking part in it :(
JappyBabes
p/1879138
incase this was missed
fartownik
Attention. The group drawings will be held tommorrow (10th November) at 1AM GMT+0. In other words, tonight at 1AM for GMT+0.
Sorry for such late time, but Loctav doesn't have much of it during the day.

The drawings will be streamed live by kingking9</strong> and will be held by Loctav himself, with commentary from members of the staff.
See you there.

The link to the stream should be announced here about midnight.
Topic Starter
Loctav

deadbeat wrote:

why is poyo still in the New Zealand team. I've mention that he's not taking part in it :(
If you would check more detailed, you notice, that the OP is not updated. Please be patient. Any changes will be applied as long as you edited your post or reposted your team setup.
jesse1412
woop #owc
Kynan
imma watch this :D
Metro
Why only 1 player switch allowed between each map? I think 2 would be better. We did it last owc and we'd like to do it again because some players play some maps better than others. 1 switch is just not enough.
Gyzarus

Metro wrote:

Why only 1 player switch allowed between each map? I think 2 would be better. We did it last owc and we'd like to do it again because some players play some maps better than others. 1 switch is just not enough.

can't agree more
a 4+2+2 rule surely makes the game more competitive and fascinating
fartownik

Gyzarus wrote:

Metro wrote:

can't agree more
a 4+2+2 rule surely makes the game more competitive and fascinating
Ye, I guess we'll do something about that after raising BO to 7.
Xakyrie
It's not just commentators offering commentary, is it?
Just wondering :P
fartownik
show more