forum

Osu! Standard New Generation... [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
DJKero
I think Osu! in this years have got much better than before, but i just see it incomplete...

As I told already to Peppy, my strongest wish for Osu! is to have a start from scratch...

Also, that doesn't MUST mean the restart of the game itself, but a possible new Osu! Standard generation to come...

It would be perfect to have a sort of new standard variation for the 5th Anniversary of Osu!...

Actually i'm thinking about this titles:

O5U! The Revolution of the 5th, GOsu!, Osu!GO, Osuka, or something that you can suggest...

I think it could be done in two ways that WON'T BREAK the current Osu! Standard, but if it have a real success, then this can come and claim Osu! Standard Mode title and have: Osu! Standard and Osu! Oldschool modes...

Well, but how?

How about making an "Special mode implementation" that actually will be the "Test" of a new Osu! Standard Mode?

If it fails, it keeps like an Special mode, if it success, the it come's the new Osu! Standard.

Starting with:

-Full new and independent Score Calculation that balance or nullify Combo Multiplier weight on the scores...

-New Notes: Holds and Drags

Holds: They can be done multiple ways, like they done a request already, with a sort of lifebar or with a better way: A slider that you haven't to follow, you have to press it until it reaches the end of the way, with both Start and End Accuracy Judgement.

Drags: Just like in DJMax Technika, 'Longnotes that aren't longnotes' but they're a sequence of notes that you can press-hold following them or press and follow each one...

And some ideas you can suggest here...

What do you think about it?

Let's give it a chance, dude! :D
winber1
It's an interesting idea to expand osu! into a new generation as there are some extra few things that could potentially make osu! even more interesting. Frankly, I don't see a need. Secondly, peppy really doesn't have the time to do such a thing.

osu! functions quite well as it stands. Yes, making a new osu! generation could help rectify some flaws, but the process in general is way too huge to capture.

no support from me
deadbeat
i don't really thing it needs re-building. there are some ideas out there that could improve it, like the hold feature. but i don't think starting over is really needed
D33d
The scoring system is being refined constantly and holds seem to be on the agenda. Basically, they'd be the same as they'd be in osu!stream, but their use would be more limited without multitouch.
Archangel Tirael
I have similar thoughts, but I
think that we need first to
perfect what we have now.
peppy
Yuck @ this suggestion.

Score system refinements will likely be added as we go on. It could easily be used for charts/tournaments without resetting everything. I really don't have an intention of purging old scores. Marking invalid.
Soaprman
I agree that the scoring is dumb and favors combo too heavily. It's a carryover from Ouendan and EBA. I wouldn't mind seeing a scoring system change/score wipe necessarily but I'd want the replays to be preserved in some way. And I can't speak for the players who made those replays. :P

I'm cool with changes being rolled out gradually, though. Not sure we need to save everything for some overblown new generation thing.

Osuka
You mean like this or this?
TheVileOne
You act like current osu standard is terrible! Really just because it doesn't have fancy hold notes and you for some reason think how high your combo is shouldn't matter towards score, which is just silly BTW, makes the game broken. Combos balance score more than any other technique you could suggest to replace it.

Which is a more satisfying challenge? Having your score completely depend on accuracy rather than combo count or having your score depend on accuracy and combo count? If you break combo, you shouldn't still have a shot at the top 40 period. This would only make osu easier no matter what difficulty buffs you give.
MMzz

D33d wrote:

The scoring system is being refined constantly and holds seem to be on the agenda. Basically, they'd be the same as they'd be in osu!stream, but their use would be more limited without multitouch.
No you just buy 2 tablets!@!@!@!@