Taiko General Discussion thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
XK2238
lol it's ok, no need xD thx anyway

.../me jelly ;w;
Luna
Well, I'm still pretty damn bad compared to the best accuracy players... Whenever I spectate kevin3333g, he consistently gets like 65-70 unstable rate. For reference, my best unstable rate ever is worse than his average ;w;
Pretty sure the "g" in his name stands for "god".

I never even came close to those stats again, btw... Second best unstable rate ever was like 75 or something.

asians.jpg
/me also jelly
OnosakiHito

Happy enough about this.
XK2238
Ono HOW

Luna: I prefer zx_baka though
I mean, near 98% at OD12 (OD10 + DT)? just wtf
Luna
What map is that zx_baka score on?
There's plenty of amazing accuracy players out there, ANGELMYU being another crazy example - 2x100 on 1555 combo OD10?!
TKS
zx has a many great skills. but his some record can't be trusted
e.g. like this : http://puu.sh/2NRKc.png

:lol:
HashishKabob
22nd. I return.
God of Taiko
TKSalt heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeentai

XK2238
Luna: this one https://osu.ppy.sh/s/21130

also t/86593 in case anyone interested :)
------------
NO
FUCK THIS SHIT
I'M NOT GONNA PLAY IT ANYMORE. NEVER, EVER.

OnosakiHito
It went so far that you insult lepidopodus map? Man, you must be a really angry one.
XK2238
call me 'angry bird' or anything, but I just hate the fact that it took only an average of 12 seconds for each SD retry made (WITHOUT pressing the Esc button), and the irony that one of my favorite mappers had created one of my most hated maps.
tl;dr screw that

...I'm such a pro at ranting
someone should make the "Angry Indonesian Kid" meme quickly
OnosakiHito
Stefan

XK2238 wrote:

and the irony that one of my favorite mappers had created one of my most hated maps.
tl;dr screw that
Know the feeling at this map.
XK2238

OnosakiHito wrote:

LOL AHUEHAUEHAUEHAUHEA
the ava though ;w;

Stefan wrote:

XK2238 wrote:

and the irony that one of my favorite mappers had created one of my most hated maps.
tl;dr screw that
Know the feeling at this map.
ikr
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun

stealing the 876th reply like a boss
XK2238
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw5MKK0bPz0

lol my first dislike (after so long)
Nashmun
It's mine. Because I'm tired of all those attention-whoring liveplay of FLHD/HDHR, which are neither interesting or impressive to watch. And especially when those players come here to post dozens of screen where they are #1 with those mods in order to get compliment. You have good memory, that's good for you, but you should take Pheon as example and stop doing it only for pp-whoring/attention-whoring.
boat
VV
OnosakiHito
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun
*forgot to mention that was the last HDFL and I just wanted to get rid of this A*
(else I would just have left my shitty 96% HR on it and nothing of all this would have happened lol)
capes-
To be fair, there isn't too much else to talk about in this thread other than scores. It's the main point of the game, after all.
Whatever, though. I think I'll try making a taiko map and see if it sucks or not.
XK2238

Nashmun wrote:

It's mine. Because I'm tired of all those attention-whoring liveplay of FLHD/HDHR, which are neither interesting or impressive to watch. And especially when those players come here to post dozens of screen where they are #1 with those mods in order to get compliment. You have good memory, that's good for you, but you should take Pheon as example and stop doing it only for pp-whoring/attention-whoring.
oh, I get it, sorry ;_;
I did them as proof of my scores at those mods, so yeah. Didn't think until that point up until now though, I was too focused on this "proving myself for not DSing" thing, even if I have no intention of att-whoring. orz

tl;dr: forgive me, I'll stop doing that.
God of Taiko

Blaze it fgt.

Why is dis so hard??????????????????????
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun
bpm:420? *ded*
XK2238

plz
God of Taiko

XK2238 wrote:

plz

Hey, how many stars is that?

Bad play OTL

Replay: http://puu.sh/4VGwe.osr
Firce777
too lazy to find a mod, sad~
i want my troll maps to got ranked ahhhhhhhhhh~
God of Taiko

Firce777 wrote:

too lazy to find a mod, sad~
i want my troll maps to got ranked ahhhhhhhhhh~
just tell us what to mod
OnosakiHito
@^: I was so free to put spoilers into your post. Please use spoilers from now on to keep the posts small.
God of Taiko

OnosakiHito wrote:

@^: I was so free to put spoilers into your post. Please use spoilers from now on to keep the posts small.

ty :3c
GeeNX
I don't know if this is the best thread to post it but.... my level of playing Taiko is more or less FC most Muzukashii's diff, can someone recommend me a mapper that maps easy onis, or what should I do on trying to improve on Taiko? I just have 1,6k plays and I know I have to have much more to be good, at least me but..... some people recommended me to play the maps I liked with hard rock, but dunno.

And I see a huge difference from muzukashii to oni... so if someone could help me with that, I'd be grateful!
Luna
lepidopodus maps are usually quite easy.
If you don't care about ranking and just want to practice Oni, check out some unranked diffs. lepi's skydrive contains a huge collection of authentic TnT maps, many of which have low-level Onis.
Also pay attention to BPM; lower BPM often means easier map. Another good way to determine the approximate difficulty of a map is to look at the number of hitobjects per time (for example, 300 objects in 1:30 drain time is probably going to be harder than 250 objects in 1:27).
UnderminE
go for english songs from lepi, pretty easy to FC. You can even practice HR
lolcubes
A lot of medium BPM (140~170) TV Size maps made by really popular mappers aren't that difficult and are nice to practice as well.
GeeNX

Luna wrote:

lepidopodus maps are usually quite easy.
If you don't care about ranking and just want to practice Oni, check out some unranked diffs. lepi's skydrive contains a huge collection of authentic TnT maps, many of which have low-level Onis.
Also pay attention to BPM; lower BPM often means easier map. Another good way to determine the approximate difficulty of a map is to look at the number of hitobjects per time (for example, 300 objects in 1:30 drain time is probably going to be harder than 250 objects in 1:27).
thank you, and yes, I don't really care about rankings, my goal now is to be able to FC average onis
God of Taiko

GeeNX wrote:

thank you, and yes, I don't really care about rankings, my goal now is to be able o FC average onis

If you stand by these words your progress will be amazing; you can also try 777's maps (slow ones or fast ones with HT)
Luna
At your current level, please ignore GoT's link. You can save it for future reference, but at the moment those maps are WAY out of your league. Even the easier ones with HT would probably seem impossible to you.
Diving into crazy maps too early is a huge mistake imo as it just creates bad habits. Those maps are for when you have developed enough pattern skills to reliably FC almost all ranked Oni.
lolcubes

Luna wrote:

Diving into crazy maps too early is a huge mistake imo as it just creates bad habits.
This.

I actually have really big problems streaming just because I took shortcuts to make playing the patterns easier for me.
[Luanny]
tfw I totally forgot how to play and can't fc Onis anymore ;_;
back to newbie stage
HashishKabob
lol me too. lets all join the noob club :D
show more