forum

show chatlog for silence [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Alpha Kitten
IDK if this has been added I cant find it IDK if this is suggested already I cant find it

We need it to know the reason you're being silenced for. I got silenced twice without knowing why and none of the admins knew either.

Just like in Runescape, the Moderators write in the reason for Mute and you can appeal it or just accept that the evidence are real.

all you see now is a short description "bla bla in #channel"
Wishy
Muting system sucks and mods don't know how to do their job, it's been years and this will not change so don't even bother. :s
Topic Starter
Alpha Kitten

Wishy22 wrote:

Muting system sucks and mods don't know how to do their job, it's been years and this will not change so don't even bother. :s
I am 100% aware of that but this would help people from breaking further rules.
theowest
I'm pretty sure this is enough:

Just don't insult or say inappropriate things and you'll be alright.
Topic Starter
Alpha Kitten
1 of those mutes were(i assume) "ohh shit scary movie on tv and I don't dare to change the channel" and the first mute I got I have no idea what it was

the other 3 were given :D

w/ever, if it get's added it's added if it doesn't, who cares? everyone will keep on living.
theowest
Looks like you already knew what you were silenced for. Which line of text so to speak.
Topic Starter
Alpha Kitten
This really has nothing to do with the thing that there should be a way for users to prove they were unfairly silenced.
theowest
It guess would be good to know the exact lines you were silenced for and a relatable description.
Accessed under Recent Infringements, "Show chatlog" maybe?
s ranker disc

theowest wrote:

I'm pretty sure this is enough:

Just don't insult or say inappropriate things and you'll be alright.
dont go that far lewa
Topic Starter
Alpha Kitten
bump, would be real useful.
Sakura
Is this really needed now that you get a notification when silenced?
Topic Starter
Alpha Kitten
Yes, you can't contact the admins and ask why you were silenced. If you were silenced by abuse there is no way they'd give a F_.
With chatlogs being stored and uploaded for public view you can appeal any unfair silence.
asl97
if the chatlogs is stored, think about how much space and money would be needed to store all that data,
and the load that would be put on the server just to log and sent the data to people who want it and other thing.
deadbeat
can't you just use /savelog ?
asl97
screenshot can easily be fake by editing it using Photoshop or paint MS with enough skill.
a txt file got noway to be 100% sure that it is not edited,
if it log and lock for view only by bacho(i think i spell it wrong), you can almost be 100% sure that it has not been edited in any way.
Saten
Screenshots takes even more space and they increase about every second or something.
And how often do people get silenced (auto doesn't count)?

I'm just saying those chat logs won't take that much space at all.
Just take the last 5-10 lines written by the silenced user.
Also, those infringements disappears with time.
higurush

Alpha Kitten wrote:

Yes, you can't contact the admins and ask why you were silenced. If you were silenced by abuse there is no way they'd give a F_.
With chatlogs being stored and uploaded for public view you can appeal any unfair silence.
Maybe set silence levels?
- Mute lvl1: unable to speak to other players, but ablet to speak to mods and admins
- Mute lvl2: unable to speak to anyone
??

If player got mute lvl1 he/she could ask for more detailed reason?
Saten

higurush wrote:

Alpha Kitten wrote:

Maybe set silence levels?
- Mute lvl1: unable to speak to other players, but ablet to speak to mods and admins
- Mute lvl2: unable to speak to anyone
??

If player got mute lvl1 he/she could ask for more detailed reason?
They wont even bother afaik
DaddyCoolVipper

Sakura wrote:

Is this really needed now that you get a notification when silenced?
hooray!

Also, Alpha, I used to just use /savelog every time I got silenced. That worked fine- it's a little more effort than if it were automatic, though.
Topic Starter
Alpha Kitten
doesn't osu! already save logs anyways? I mean the IRC have to be hosted on peppy's server so it's basically already on there..
Wishy
Getting an In-Game message when you get muted is a must, but osu! is retarded.
D33d
I am bumping this thread, for good reason. The current system displays a message when one is silenced, but one is unable to type anything into the chat. This includes the /savelog command. I was aware of this before I was silenced, as Daddy had informed me that this change in behaviour almost appeared to be designed to make it harder to prove that a chanop was abusing their power.

For those who use IRC clients, this isn't a problem. I have one that's logging all of the time, so to those who like to abuse your power (you know who you are), do that to me and I will be onto you like a fucking rash. However, those who only use the osu! client will be restricted heavily, as very long silences would make it nigh-impossible to save any of the chat. As such, if somebody had a three-day silence that they considered to be unfair, they would either have to leave osu! running for three days or accept the fact that they'd never have any hard evidence against a chanop. As the game is fairly heavy on memory and is prone to errors when running for a while, leaving it running for that long is somewhat unlikely.
Winshley
I find this request reasonable imo. It would be easier to do the appeal.
Saten
I doubt this will ever happen

logs can contain "unwanted" information and so

if anything, you should log it yourself or try this http://osu.corin.me/logs/