forum

osu! it must be less dispersive

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
andreapietro001
I think osu! it must be less dispersive. Osu is not so popular that it can have 4 modes. I think only the main mode (std) should be maintained since the other three are almost completely deserted and the only thing they do is divide the player base, and make osu! less unique and competitive. Plus there are better games for all 3 modes

weebsplayosu wrote:

If only std mode existed, it would be a more uniform and competitive game, being Osu! a game that relies heavily on grades and positions as there are so many modes and variables that the grade loses importance. You said something interesting for the world cups: ''they have all their world cups'' If there was only the world cup for the main mode, you could invest more money in tournaments and maybe even give 2000-3000 dollars to tournaments instead of 150.

weebsplayosu wrote:

Having 4 gamemodes is a problem since it is not populated by millions of players, as I said osu focuses heavily on the positions of the ranking, beatmap etc ... But if there are 3 rankings in which it is easier to climb the position even the main ranking it loses importance. Should Osu never be focused on money? But right now you're playing because of the money... If the developer doesn't make enough money, he'll quit the game and find another job, if you can't pay the electricity bill, you can't turn on the PC etc ...
Kissen1
Yeah no. Not everyone likes standard.
Spagyrie
Dividing the player base? Really? The 3 others mode are not even similar to the standard mode so not really... The 4 modes are nice and we shouldn't delete one of them cause of "not popular enough"... There is people who play mania/taiko/ctb only and at a very high level... So no thanks.
Flanster
You're doing a great job at diving the playbase yourself if you ask me. I like how you have zero playcount in all other modes. Everyone has preferences just like you. Wish you would've understood that before you gave other modes and its playerbases a swift dismissal. I have no clue how they make osu! less unique and competitive considering its a game where you can express yourself in mapping 4 modes and they all have their own world cups.
Topic Starter
andreapietro001

Flanster wrote:

You're doing a great job at diving the playbase yourself if you ask me. I like how you have zero playcount in all other modes. Everyone has preferences just like you. Wish you would've understood that before you gave other modes and its playerbases a swift dismissal. I have no clue how they make osu! less unique and competitive considering its a game where you can express yourself in mapping 4 modes and they all have their own world cups.

If only std mode existed, it would be a more uniform and competitive game, being Osu! a game that relies heavily on grades and positions as there are so many modes and variables that the grade loses importance. You said something interesting for the world cups: ''they have all their world cups'' If there was only the world cup for the main mode, you could invest more money in tournaments and maybe even give 2000-3000 dollars to tournaments instead of 150.

weebsplayosu wrote:

I think osu! it must be less dispersive. Osu is not so popular that it can have 4 modes. I think only the main mode (std) should be maintained since the other three are almost completely deserted and the only thing they do is divide the player base, and make osu! less unique and competitive. Plus there are better games for all 3 modes
abraker
While I do agree that management doesn't focus on all gamemodes equally, I don't agree there being 4 gamemodes is the issue. Expect number of gamemodes to go up in the future as Lazer will allow anyone to make gamemodes what would potentially be added into the game. What needs to happen is better management of gamemodes, but that won't happen until peppy can devote enough time to straighten that issue out.

weebsplayosu wrote:

I think only the main mode (std) should be maintained since the other three are almost completely deserted and the only thing they do is divide the player base, and make osu! less unique and competitive
If your focus is std, then how? How do other gamemodes possibly affect std to make it less competitive? I'd say it's the other way around, std affects other gamemodes because main focus is std. For example, if you take mania, a little more focus can go into changing mania mechanics to make it more competitive among as well as improving mapping related aspects.

Also less unique? I don't get it.

weebsplayosu wrote:

Osu! a game that relies heavily on grades and positions as there are so many modes and variables that the grade loses importance
What? What do grades have to do with competitiveness?

weebsplayosu wrote:

If there was only the world cup for the main mode, you could invest more money in tournaments and maybe even give 2000-3000 dollars to tournaments instead of 150.
osu! is not and should never be about money.
Topic Starter
andreapietro001

abraker wrote:

While I do agree that management doesn't focus on all gamemodes equally, I don't agree there being 4 gamemodes is the issue. Expect number of gamemodes to go up in the future as Lazer will allow anyone to make gamemodes what would potentially be added into the game. What needs to happen is better management of gamemodes, but that won't happen until peppy can devote enough time to straighten that issue out.

weebsplayosu wrote:

I think only the main mode (std) should be maintained since the other three are almost completely deserted and the only thing they do is divide the player base, and make osu! less unique and competitive
If your focus is std, then how? How do other gamemodes possibly affect std to make it less competitive? I'd say it's the other way around, std affects other gamemodes because main focus is std. For example, if you take mania, a little more focus can go into changing mania mechanics to make it more competitive among as well as improving mapping related aspects.

Also less unique? I don't get it.

weebsplayosu wrote:

Osu! a game that relies heavily on grades and positions as there are so many modes and variables that the grade loses importance
What? What do grades have to do with competitiveness?

weebsplayosu wrote:

If there was only the world cup for the main mode, you could invest more money in tournaments and maybe even give 2000-3000 dollars to tournaments instead of 150.
osu! is not and should never be about money.

Having 4 gamemodes is a problem since it is not populated by millions of players, as I said osu focuses heavily on the positions of the ranking, beatmap etc ... But if there are 3 rankings in which it is easier to climb the position even the main ranking it loses importance. Should Osu never be focused on money? But right now you're playing because of the money... If the developer doesn't make enough money, he'll quit the game and find another job, if you can't pay the electricity bill, you can't turn on the PC etc ...
Spagyrie
osu! is a rhythm game so, of course, it relies heavily on ranking so everyone can compete with each other... The fact that we have 4 others different modes doesn't make the rank "losing importance" cause each mode has his own ranking and people will compare with this specific rank. (Or else what? You will tell the taiko/mania/ctb players to quit the game cause they parasitize th... "your" standard mode by their presence?)

And if it was so easy to climb in the others game mode... Why don't you try to climb on those modes to prove it, cause it's not really easier... Being 4 digits in taiko once but being stuck at only 3* in taiko is not what i call "easy climbing"... Don't mix up rank and performance. Less people means a higher rank, but not a better performance...

And don't worry about money, osu! is free to play but you can pay for the supporter tag so you can support the poor Peppy to not quit his own game and find another job! #SavePeppy! (And no, as Abraker said, osu! shouldn't be about money)
TicClick
it's osu! with an exclamation mark at the end and no fucking capitals at all