forum

A Small Issue With Timing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Prisinence
I've started to want to get back into mapping, and really want to be able to put something out there this time. There's a specific song I had hoped to map because of how much variety there is in said song. A friend of mine helped me determine if the BPM I used was correct, and they said that it was. However, some parts of the song are offbeat. I'm not sure if the BPM is somehow still incorrect, or if that's just how the song is. And if the timing is correct, could I get some advice on what to do with songs like this?

The map itself is a bit of a mess right now, and I'm planning on reworking it.. Though the issues I'm having can be seen through what little I do have done.
Here it is: https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/1108752#osu/2317112

Thanks in advanced for any assistance. ♥
Zelzatter Zero
The bpm is absolutely correct just like your friend said, the problem is how you placed the objects here. For example,
00:09:260 (1) - you placed the object in the blue tick, but the vocal are on the white tick, which is 1 tick later; or
00:10:173 (2) - this slider is supposed to be end on the red tick but you decided to end it on the blue tick (1 tick ealier), which also make the map so offbeat.

Most songs always follow the rules: If you compared it to the editor, then the most important beats always land on white ticks, then the red ticks, and finally blue tick for the least important one. Surely there's some exceptions, like some songs used 1/3 beat, or Breakcore songs that sometimes have sounds on blue tick, or some song that has the most important sounds mostly on red ticks, but you're not experienced enough for them so let's just follow the basic.

pishifat has a playlist about the step-to-step mapping tutorial, you can take a look at here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLp7-THR1EUHERrIOV4dGClCGGoLIrQtOx

That's it. Good luck on the mapping scene!

PS: Also, if you don't know what to deal with those timestamps (eg. 00:09:260 (1) - ) just copy one of them, click to the time duration in the bottom left corner and paste to the box that appeared after you click on them and them you'll know what I'm talking about.
Topic Starter
Prisinence

Uraomote Error wrote:

The bpm is absolutely correct just like your friend said, the problem is how you placed the objects here. For example,
00:09:260 (1) - you placed the object in the blue tick, but the vocal are on the white tick, which is 1 tick later; or
00:10:173 (2) - this slider is supposed to be end on the red tick but you decided to end it on the blue tick (1 tick ealier), which also make the map so offbeat.

Most songs always follow the rules: If you compared it to the editor, then the most important beats always land on white ticks, then the red ticks, and finally blue tick for the least important one. Surely there's some exceptions, like some songs used 1/3 beat, or Breakcore songs that sometimes have sounds on blue tick, or some song that has the most important sounds mostly on red ticks, but you're not experienced enough for them so let's just follow the basic.

pishifat has a playlist about the step-to-step mapping tutorial, you can take a look at here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLp7-THR1EUHERrIOV4dGClCGGoLIrQtOx

That's it. Good luck on the mapping scene!

PS: Also, if you don't know what to deal with those timestamps (eg. 00:09:260 (1) - ) just copy one of them, click to the time duration in the bottom left corner and paste to the box that appeared after you click on them and them you'll know what I'm talking about.

Ahh, perfect! Thank you so much! I'll definitely be sure to take this into account. I remember looking into Phishifat's videos at some point, and was going to look for them. I couldn't remember what their user was.. Now I can get back to properly learning! Thanks again!