[1v1] osu!NoSleep Beginners Open 2020 [400k - 200k FINISHED]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Zed eS
osu!NoSleep Beginners Open 2020
Discord Server | Tournament Spreadsheet

Hello my fellow pp addicts,
Today, I present to you an invitation to the most well prized 200k tournament in existence. An open invitation to those willing to take up the challenge of a lifetime. For real though, I have a bunch of big goals for this organisation and this is our shot at "testing the water." If you'd like to see more frequent well prized tournaments, come and show your support, we'll be expanding for different ranked brackets in the future, so if you're out of rank for this tournament, don't worry, there'll be more for you as well!

For those elite players in our tournaments, those that are consistently high placing, well - just know you'll be noticed. Expect closed invite-only tournaments with EVEN BETTER prizes, get in now, secure your spot and start your osu! legacy!

General Tournament Info

Single Elimination
Best of 7
No Warmup Maps (except for Semi-Final, Grand Final and 3rd Place Match)
4 NM, 2 DT, 2 HD, 2 HR, 1 TB maps in the pool

Rank Limits
This tournament will be a 400k to 200k tournament though there is a buffer range of 15,000 to work with, to prevent unfair play, to be eligible for prizing, you MUST be ranked 185,000 or higher; when you register, on the date of play and also an entire week afterwards. De-ranking for our tournaments is highly discouraged and even bannable as we like to ensure play is fair and remains competitive, if we're not hosting tournaments in your rank range, tell us in our Discord server linked above!

Schedule
The tournament will be scheduled to start on the 22nd of February at 5:00 PM EST (10:00 PM GMT). To ensure games are started with people that actually turned up, there will also be a check-in process commencing an hour earlier at 4:00 PM EST (9:00 PM GMT) in which you need to submit a message to #beg-check-in to say that you're here. (Say check or something, be creative with it.)

Due to the very small amount of staff on our team, we'll be forced to have players referee themselves up until the Semi-Finals though if any problems are encountered, you're urged to contact the staff team immediately. The pre-game format is as follows:

Both players roll.
The player with the highest roll picks whether they'd like to Pick 1st and Ban 1st or Pick 2nd and Ban 2nd.
P1 bans.
P2 bans.
P1 picks.
P2 picks.
(repeat picks until victor is determined).
Prizing

Assuming we get 32 players, this is the prize pool:
1st Place - 6 Months of osu!Supporter
2nd Place - 2 Months of osu!Supporter
3rd Place - 1 Month of osu!Supporter

Assuming we get 16 players, this is the prize pool:
1st Place - 4 Months of osu!Supporter
2nd Place - 1 Month of osu!Supporter

Assuming we get 8 players, this is the prize pool:
1st Place - 2 Months of osu!Supporter

If we get less than 8 players, the prize pool will be:
1st Place - 1 Month of osu!Supporter

Additionally, 1 month will be added on top of the prizing displayed above due to recent small complications. Appreciate the support guys. <3

NOTE: EXPECT MUCH MORE HIGH PRIZE POOLS DOWN THE LINE

Staff/Player Applications

"I'm interested in becoming a Staff Member but I can't see anywhere on this document I can apply? Why is that? Where can I go?"
Why good question you beautiful stranger! ALL applications whether it be for staff OR players are done through the Discord server! It can be found in the #role-applications channel, it has a slowmode of 6 hours to avoid spam and all previous applications will be deleted after review!

"What roles are currently on offer?"
If you're interested, you can apply as any of these roles listed below!

Staff Roles
- Casters
- Map Poolers
- Referees
- GFX Artists

Player Roles
- Beginner Player (400k to 200k).
- Intermediate Player (175k to 100k). Tournaments coming SOON!
- Expert Player (85k to 40k). Tournaments coming SOON!

Staff Members

Zed eS
FledPotato
Data Bytten
jusu hit circle

If you're interested in applying, read "Staff/Player Applications"

I'm very excited to see you all come out and give our organisation a shot and we'll ensure that it is a great environment for each and every person! Thank you for reading, this was my first boards post so if there is anything I should work on, please let me know.

~ Zed eS on behalf of the osu!NoSleep Team.

ps. this took me like 2 hours to write completely, I don't know how you guys do it so easily.
OsumeWolf
Is this 1v1 or 2v2
Topic Starter
Zed eS

OsumeWolf wrote:

Is this 1v1 or 2v2

This tournament is in a 1 versus 1 setting, as will a good portion if not all of our future tournaments will be.
Topic Starter
Zed eS
Update: The tournament has been moved to next week due to difficulty with map pools, they'll be released within a timely manner over the next week. Sign ups will remain open until the end of the check-in period mentioned above, there is still time to sign up!
m i r a i e
i didnt understand the prizing section
should i be 185OOO or higher bu thee time to be eligible for winning in cas i had first place ?
itsleo
How can i register ?
Topic Starter
Zed eS

itsleo wrote:

How can i register ?

You can sign up from within the Discord server linked at the top! Once you're in there will be a channel called #role-applications, just follow the registration template in there (post it in the channel) and we'll get to it likely within a few hours. <3
Topic Starter
Zed eS
Update! The map pool has been released! You can still sign up via the Discord until check-in time commences! :)