forum

All hail Tom69, our new osu! overlord

posted
Total Posts
show more
KRZY

thelewa wrote:

My big brother is doing that, it seems kinda boring.

I wonder what games all the people who quit osu! started playing.

Sorry, League of Legends....

also yay Tom I don't think you might know me but I'm a fan of you!
Tom69_old

KRZY wrote:

also yay Tom I don't think you might know me but I'm a fan of you!
Wait what? I've seen topranks by you starting from day1. I'm the fan here. :>
Wishy

Unkind wrote:

thelewa wrote:

GODDAMN WHY DO I HAVE TO BE INTELLIGENT TO BE GOOD AT CLICKING CIRCLES
Can tell how smart you are by your english skills alone dawg, and you're like top 10 players at this game. Don't HIDE IT NOW.

edit: Was just trying to kinda argue against Wishy22's point. He talks as if deciding to be the best is as simple as making a decision and acting upon it. Life is not that simple.
Being the best is not about just making a decision, that's just the beginning. To be the best you must have an ideal situation like you said, and be ready to endure all that trouble you will face when you really want to be a top player on some highly contested game (be ready to get your ass kicked thousands of times). My point was that you can not be the best at anything you want to just by saying "I CAN DO IT" because some people DO THE SAME THING, but have been doing that for years, while you are just starting --> conclusion: top players of highly competitive games are always pretty much the same, there may be some little variations since they get beaten by other very good players who have also been playing the same thing forever, or they just quit and get replaced (you got many examples in here).

Ambition is not enough. Life is not that easy, you will not always be able to be the best at whatever you want by just wanting to, at least not in stuff lots of people want to get into.

Tl;dr:

OnosakiHito

Liutprando wrote:

Unkind wrote:

hey, flash and jaedong play SC2 now lol, SCBW is deader than Kurt Cobain man. orz

And on topic (sorta): You guys gotta realize anybody can be the best at just about anything. I've been gaming for longer than most of you have been alive :!: (23 years, since age 4). I have seen _some shit_. Everybody derives something different out of different things. Gaming is no different. Some people love challenges, some people want recognition. Others are just trying to have a good time. The best gamers are the ones who have an IDEAL mindset. The most ideal mindset (which is all the best players, few exceptions) is to enjoy the game, love challenges, and want recognition for your actions. This creates ambition.

Typical ideal situations: Young, good family, highly intelligent, tons of free time, no problems in life and no JOB required.

To be the best that's what you usually need, along with the stuff i mentioned above it. The majority of people don't get to the highest level because they lack ambition from the 3 previously mentioned categories OR aren't in an ideal situation (job family serious girlfriend injury abusive parents shitty computer bad internet etc).

So, if you're like 13-17 (in some cases older, but all ambition starts to decline with age for most), smart, with no real problems in life, and enjoy videogames. Might as well try to be the best. (if that's what you want) =)
/thread and gaming lesson

You deserv an orden for this Unkind. I approve your opinion.
MMzz

Unkind wrote:

So, if you're like 13-17 (in some cases older, but all ambition starts to decline with age for most), smart, with no real problems in life, and enjoy videogames. Might as well try to be the best. (if that's what you want) =)
Story of how I got to my level in Taiko.
JappyBabes

Puncia wrote:

enik

Wishy22 wrote:

Being the best is not about just making a decision, that's just the beginning. To be the best you must have an ideal situation like you said, and be ready to endure all that trouble you will face when you really want to be a top player on some highly contested game (be ready to get your ass kicked thousands of times). My point was that you can not be the best at anything you want to just by saying "I CAN DO IT" because some people DO THE SAME THING, but have been doing that for years, while you are just starting --> conclusion: top players of highly competitive games are always pretty much the same, there may be some little variations since they get beaten by other very good players who have also been playing the same thing forever, or they just quit and get replaced (you got many examples in here).

Ambition is not enough. Life is not that easy, you will not always be able to be the best at whatever you want by just wanting to, at least not in stuff lots of people want to get into.
Yes, for a certain time you'll be still behind, but the longer you practice the less difference between you and people playing "from the beggining" (look at Tom69, he's not just "outfarmed" much more experienced players, but people already compare him to cookiezi). Because every game is changing, if we take for example SC and LoL there're always new strategies, BO's, metagames and all the previous experience doesn't matter that much. The only things you need to compare to pros at that moment besides mental aspects (which I assume you already have) are knowing current metagame and having mechanical skills which are pretty much limited. I don't say it's easy, but possible.

But the problem is: even if you're already playing on competitive level and getting money for that, games are just a hobby, chapter of your life that you pass through and move on. You're growing, ambitions goes off, getting tired of a constant challenge and there're other things in your life you must care about now, new ambitions and goals. In my previous post "I CAN DO IT" I meant more like achieve heights at things you can dedicate all your life to, but it's very hard "to stick to your goal no matter what" in gaming. So I agree with you at some point.
sry for poor english T_T
Wishy

enik wrote:

Yes, for a certain time you'll be still behind, but the longer you practice the less difference between you and people playing "from the beggining" (look at Tom69, he's not just "outfarmed" much more experienced players, but people already compare him to cookiezi). Because every game is changing, if we take for example SC and LoL there're always new strategies, BO's, metagames and all the previous experience doesn't matter that much. The only things you need to compare to pros at that moment besides mental aspects (which I assume you already have) are knowing current metagame and having mechanical skills which are pretty much limited. I don't say it's easy, but possible.
Yep, that's the only thing you can take advantage of, being a newbie means you can just copycat pros and do the same things they do because there's probably a reason for that. But aside from that, they will have some huge advantage@micro, macro, decision-making skills, and lots of etcs. You will probably never make up for that, you will get close to them, but chances of beating them will still be low and only a few gonna be able to even challenge them. (This actually happens, not an assumption)

But the problem is: even if you're already playing on competitive level and getting money for that, games are just a hobby, chapter of your life that you pass through and move on. You're growing, ambitions goes off, getting tired of a constant challenge and there're other things in your life you must care about now, new ambitions and goals. In my previous post "I CAN DO IT" I meant more like achieve heights at things you can dedicate all your life to, but it's very hard "to stick to your goal no matter what" in gaming. So I agree with you at some point.
sry for poor english T_T
From what I know about some pro players of some highly competitive games, they pretty much decided to dedicate their lives to that. They will probably end up quitting that level of gaming some day, but well guess most of those pro players are still young and active@those games, so we gonna have to wait if we want to see how that kind of people will end.
enik

Wishy22 wrote:

Yep, that's the only thing you can take advantage of, being a newbie means you can just copycat pros and do the same things they do because there's probably a reason for that. But aside from that, they will have some huge advantage@micro, macro, decision-making skills, and lots of etcs. You will probably never make up for that, you will get close to them, but chances of beating them will still be low and only a few gonna be able to even challenge them. (This actually happens, not an assumption)
Well copycatting pros is the right way to start gaming/sport career. There're few examples when beginner copycat his idol and after some time he's able to challenge or even outmatch his idol (see MKP and Boxer from SC).
From what I know about some pro players of some highly competitive games, they pretty much decided to dedicate their lives to that. They will probably end up quitting that level of gaming some day, but well guess most of those pro players are still young and active@those games, so we gonna have to wait if we want to see how that kind of people will end.
Since gaming requires mental and physical abilities we can compare it to sport like football. At some age no matter how great is your experience you already can't compete with young players. So it can be some gaming related career like team trainer or manager but not playing competitve.
fabriciorby
pros
yeahyeahyeahhh
Overlord?! @_@

We require more overlords!
Nyquill

yeahyeahyeahhh wrote:

Spawn more overlords!
ftfy
yeahyeahyeahhh
Vish024

thelewa wrote:

If you don't feel like talking about Tom69, you can always talk about me. I'm awesome.
yeahyeahyeahhh
Okay man that LaVolpe guy is awesome
Mithos

yeahyeahyeahhh wrote:

He's too good. Getting ~#20 on hards is HARD CORE
ann_old

Mithost wrote:

yeahyeahyeahhh wrote:

He's too good. Getting ~#20 on hards is HARD CORE
icwudt
Aqo

Cookiezi syndrome strikes again
ann_old
That avatar made me cry on the inside, but it's not really the cookiezi syndrome.
winber1
i am best osu now
Topic Starter
thelewa

winber1 wrote:

i am best osu now
no, I am the best osu
Valentiino
Community is why we can't have nice things
JappyBabes

thelewa wrote:

winber1 wrote:

i am best osu now
no, I am the best osu
Mithos

thelewa wrote:

winber1 wrote:

i am best osu now
no, I am the best osu
no I am best osu I fight you 1v1 big black only HDHRDTFL come at me bro
Pacemaker
Anyone would run away crying after being bombarded with graphs
Topic Starter
thelewa

Mithost wrote:

thelewa wrote:

no, I am the best osu
no I am best osu I fight you 1v1 big black only HDHRDTFL come at me bro
I'll beat you up behind the school building after school ends.
Wishy
Well that was some solid proof anyways.
winber1

thelewa wrote:

winber1 wrote:

i am best osu now
no, I am the best osu
no,

jesus1412 wrote:

i am best osu, please gtfo loser
Kanye West
i am best Osu because i am black
Kairi

Kanye West wrote:

no i am best Osu because i am german and black
patriotbj

winber1 wrote:

i am best osu now
but my legs are not sexy or delicious
=( =( =( =( =( =( =( =(
my legs are sexy and delicious

Seph
oh hey i remember this guy ^
Naikaze

Kairi wrote:

Kanye West wrote:

no i am best Osu because i am german and black
Ibuki Suika
end
Naikaze
BrokenArrow
R.I.P.
Naikaze
silmarilen
RIP
Gon
ded
Naikaze
Must be so he can quit easily
Tanzklaue
that's just sad ._.
Liut

Gatyaa wrote:

Must be so he can quit easily
AhAh

no.
Mythol
rip
Naikaze
No?

Dead
JappyBabes
deadend
Topic Starter
thelewa
I guess this thread is now about me
Pacemaker
Wait, was that for all of the plays he's done lately or just a recent one? If it's the latter, it might've been on purpose..
Naikaze

thelewa wrote:

You can always talk about me. I'm awesome.
omg i wana be raglewa
Sonnyc
;_;
CXu

thelewa wrote:

I guess this thread is now about me
"All hail thelewa, our new osu! overlord" <-- someone change thread title.
Naikaze
Heil!