forum

Theya (bot) | A bot that recommend "good" unranked maps.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
- Theya -

Information

- Theya - is a new bot created by me it took my name, the purpose of this bot is to send "good" unranked maps.
I already made a Reddit Post a month ago, for testing purpose, and now the bot is already more stable and I think it's ready for posting it on the forums !
You can use it easily by sending in-game a command to - Theya - (me), or use the Discord bot.
You can join the Discord below for requesting features, maps, or just chat with us :)
I highly recommend joining the Discord if the bot interests you :)

Discord | Add the bot to your Discord | Github | Reddit | Spreadsheet of requested maps | Donate

Commands

1. !info : Shows plenty of information about the bot.
  2. !help : Displays command usage explanations.
  3. !mode <mania> <osu> : Sets your default game mode.
  4. !recommend alias !r <genre> <star rating> <mode> <bpm> or <artist> : Recommends a beatmap randomly or based on your criteria.
  5. !bomb <genre> <star rating> <mode> <bpm> or <artist> : Recommend 5 beatmaps like "!r".
  6. !complain : Complains about the latest recommendation. (doesn't work with !bomb for obvious reason)
  7. !maps : Shows the current number of maps in the bot.
  8. !request then /np : Requests a map to add in the bot so others can enjoy it too !

Example Commands

1. !r tech : Give you one tech map.
  2. !r nanahira : Give you a map from Nanahira.
  3. !r 5 stream : Give you a 5 stars stream map.
  4. !bomb 220 6 : Give you five 220 BPM 6 stars maps.

What you can't do :
  1. !r psyqui 6

Available Game Modes:
  1. osu
  2. mania
osu! genre list :
  1. Classic
  2. Tech
  3. Alternate
  4. Stream
  5. Jump
  6. Reading
osu!mania genre list:
Classic
Classic regroups :
  1. Everything else.

LN
LN regroups :
  1. Inverse
  2. Shields

SV
SV regroups :
  1. Slowjam
  2. Teleport

Jacks
Jacks regroups :
  1. Minijacks
  2. Jumpjacks
  3. Handjacks
  4. Quadjacks

Streams
Streams regroups :
  1. Stairs
  2. Jumpstreams
  3. Handstreams
  4. Quadstreams
  5. Dumpstreams

Tech
Tech regroups :
  1. Technical

Come play with us !

Every THURSDAY at 9 PM (UTC +1) & SATURDAY at 3 PM (UTC +1) my standard tester, me, and YOU will be in a multiplayer lobby for testing some maps for my bot! After every map you have 30 seconds to vote "!y" or "!n", if the majority say yes, the map will be added to the bot, else the map won't be added. I'll also be in the General Voice channel on my Discord if you want to talk with me!

Available commands :
  1. !next : Available only for my tester, skip the current map.
  2. !genre (!g) : Available only for my tester, set the genre of the map.
  3. !yes (!y) : Vote yes to add the current map to the bot.
  4. !no (!n) : Vote no to add the current map to the bot.

Changelog

[list]13/02/2020 | - New criteria : BPM. Just put any number between 150 & 300 and you'll have a map of this bpm !
- You can now COMBINE THE CRITERIAS in any order! (example: "!r stream 6 200" give you a 6* 200BPM stream map, "!r 5 alternate" give you a 5* alternate map.) Works with "!r" & "!bomb" in any game mode.
- Weekly multiplayer lobby for testing maps ! Read also above :)06/02/20 | Can now recommend (!r) by artist ! For artists with more than one word in their name you can just write the first ones. ('!r nanahira', '!r imperial circus')30/01/20 | Can now bomb with star rating & genre criteria !24/01/20 | Can now recommend (!r) by star rating15/01/20 | Can now recommend (!r) by genre (tech, alternate, stream, classic, reading)I don't remember the dates of the oldest feature

Thanks to :

ChickenWings | Emmanuel | MrCookies | Dono | NUL GNF5 | BertGry | nul tib0t | ZeroTwo OwO : For testing osu!standard beatmaps ! <3
Antori | InFeRR | Limbecile | LuriCookie | Twit : For testing osu!mania beatmaps ! <3
PANIGE : For hosting my bot <3
Everyone who encourages me in PM <3
qrd
good bot
abraker
Topic Starter
- Theya -
Added *ok_hand* I hope my tester won't hate me Kappa
TeNero_
pogU
Drum-Hitnormal
Suggestions:
1) !profile = command that sets the user's profile. this can be then used to personalize the recommendation system based on favorite maps, hyped maps, friend mappers, friend's favorite maps etc. can find most frequently used tags/mappers from history and recommend new maps by those mappers/tags that user hasn't hyped/played yet.

This command will then set the following properties of user, which can be editted manually with additional commands:
a) favorite mappers
b) favorite tags
c) favorite artists
d) favorite source

2) !anilist = command that sets the user's myanimelist/anilist profile. this can be used to recommend maps made by mapper that is new to user, and song from anime user already watched/plan to watch

other profile that can be added for more songs to recommend: spotify/youtube/soundcloud/vndb/steam

this will further expand the properties set in 1)

I believe that recommendation systems should be more personalized, rather than based on everyone's taste. You can't please everyone, people all have different taste.
Topic Starter
- Theya -

dudehacker wrote:

Suggestions:
1) !profile = command that sets the user's profile. this can be then used to personalize the recommendation system based on favorite maps, hyped maps, friend mappers, friend's favorite maps etc. can find most frequently used tags/mappers from history and recommend new maps by those mappers/tags that user hasn't hyped/played yet.

This command will then set the following properties of user, which can be editted manually with additional commands:
a) favorite mappers
b) favorite tags
c) favorite artists
d) favorite source

2) !anilist = command that sets the user's myanimelist/anilist profile. this can be used to recommend maps made by mapper that is new to user, and song from anime user already watched/plan to watch

other profile that can be added for more songs to recommend: spotify/youtube/soundcloud/vndb/steam

this will further expand the properties set in 1)

I believe that recommendation systems should be more personalized, rather than based on everyone's taste. You can't please everyone, people all have different taste.

Thank you for your suggestions ! I really like the first one but the second one seems useless to me (for now, my opinion will maybe change in the future). I'll try my best to implement that as soon as possible !
Topic Starter
- Theya -

- Theya - wrote:

Changelog
  1. 06/02/20 | Can now recommend (!r) by artist ! For artists with more than one word in their name you can just write the first ones. ('!r nanahira', '!r imperial circus')

New functionality added thanks to the idea of dudehacker ! :)
oSumAtrIX
just what I needed <3 thank you very much
KayINeo
Ton bot est incroyable.
Topic Starter
- Theya -

- Theya - wrote:

Changelog
  1. 13/02/2020 | - New criteria : BPM. Just put any number between 150 & 300 and you'll have a map of this bpm !
    - You can now COMBINE THE CRITERIAS in any order! (example: "!r stream 6 200" give you a 6* 200BPM stream map, "!r 5 alternate" give you a 5* alternate map.) Works with "!r" & "!bomb" in any game mode.
    - Autohost ! Read above :)
    - Weekly multiplayer lobby for testing maps ! Read also above :)

HUGE UPDATE !
Dioscure
Salut, insane le bot ! déjà plus de 1000 maps ! WP
peb
Just found this now. Awesome bot, works super well.
leonn
Yo wassup, this bot has worked for me once, but now any command except !help isn't working. Don't really know what I'm doing different but maybe you know something. Otherwise cool bot, I really like the idea behind it
Meowcenaries
actually a fun bot. you did an awesome job
mol
doesnt work anymore
epic man 2
oh what
Butter_-
It doesn't work
Jacques Chirac
Yo you need to verify the bot because it reached the maximum number of server it can join, but it looks really promising