forum

[web] View topics where you posted [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
chaotic_iak
I know you can look to posts you have posted, but sometimes it's nice to have a "My posts" page where it displays the topics where you posted instead. This way, if you're keeping track of some topics where you posted in but you don't want to be spammed with subscribing e-mails, you can check that page and see which topics are marked unread.

Currently I'm using a link like this:
http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=chaotic_iak&sc=1&sd=d&sr=topics&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search
(If you want your version of the page, you can replace "chaotic_iak" with your username.)

This can be very easily implemented by something like this in the file /forum/search.php:
<?php
if isset($_GET["egosearch"]) { // if user clicked the "search own posts" link, go here
$search_keywords = "";
$search_terms = "all";
$search_author = $username; // or whatever variable is used to store the username
// insert more here
} else {
$search_keywords = $_GET["keywords"];
$search_terms = $_GET["terms"];
$search_author = $_GET["author"];
// insert more here
}
?>
and putting a link to
http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/search.php?egosearch
somewhere easily visible, like the bar just below the navigation bar (the one that has Google Custom Search, User search, and Beatmap search at the left and your username, Inbox link, Search link, Settings link, and Logout link at the right).

Do you have any suggestions, criticisms, supports, etc? Thanks for your attention!
theowest
t/52482/

duplicate.

it's such a shame when people spend so much time on their feature request only to be rejected because they couldn't bother to search for it in the first place.
Topic Starter
chaotic_iak
From the wording, I think it asked for a feature that displays threads which is made by someone, not threads which someone posted in it. As in this thread wouldn't be in your (theowest's) "thread made by me" list, but this thread would be in your "thread where I posted in" list. I request the latter; that thread requested the former.
theowest
what's the point of that?
wouldn't this just be enough: search.php?author_id=60604&sr=posts
bugeyedbillyh
I am in full support of this, he even provided the code to implement it. It's a better request than the other thread.
Topic Starter
chaotic_iak
@theowest: If you want to keep track of new posts in a certain thread, you can visit the thread regularly. But if you keep track on 20+ topics, you might want a certain page to access everything from one page (as opposed to 20 bookmarks in your browser). My suggestion is about implementing that page. Especially since a bookmark doesn't notify you whether a topic has a new post or not, while a search page like the link in my post can show it, so it's at worst checking one search page regularly versus checking 20 topic pages regularly.

@bugeyedbillyh: The code is not really complete, but it can be completed easily.

Also apparently I found out that theowest requested a feature to highlight own names? That when merged with this suggestion can make the "search threads you create" request much easier (click this page, skim through the topic creator column to find which are bold blue or something).
theowest
I understand. I'm not really affected by this, but I guess it could improve our experience in the forum. Let's just hope phpbb will allow it.
deadbeat

this works fairly well. and it sorts by last post. so any unread posts are at the post of the list
Topic Starter
chaotic_iak
There is a Bookmark section? I can't see the link to bookmark a topic from a mobile browser :/ Okay, not of high importance any more.
nanda2009
Something like, Thread Subscription?
theowest

nanda2009 wrote:

Something like, Thread Subscription?
yeah, that's what I use. Get everything I need to read via mail.
deadbeat
there is a forum thread subscription and a forum bookmark. both do the same thing and can be found in the same place. only real difference is that one gives you a email notification and one doesn't
TheVileOne
I really don't understand what the thread OP wants in this thread. What's wrong with using the search link he posted?

I don't remember the search changing at all.
Oinari-sama
I think this one is not important anymore, since the OP realised that his feature can be replaced by the Bookmarks.