forum

Map's background turned complete black and I can't change it

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cyan Cookie
I was trying to do some storyboarding for the first time, but when I added a sprite which is identical to my background and then saved, my background turned black in the editor and in gameplay for some reason and it wouldn't change. I've tried making a separate copy of the background and trying to set that instead, but it wouldn't work either. I haven't updated the map yet so I can retrieve a previous version before it had this problem, but then I would lose my progress. Pls send help.

Edit: additionally, my combo colours were also reset to default for some reason as well and I can't change it. pls help.
Endaris
The design editor is vicious and eats children.

Unless you checked this box while storyboarding it should be sufficient to go File -> Open Song Folder and remove the .osb file that holds the storyboard from the folder.

Your combo colors being reset is something that cannot happen through storyboarding.
You must have checked "Ignore beatmap skin" and "Always use default skin" in the osu! options. This merely causes the combo colors to get ignored in both editor and gameplay but the correct combo colors should still be displayed in your song setup. Unignoring beatmap skins should solve this issue.
Topic Starter
Cyan Cookie
Tysm that really saved me